What's your favorite vacation spot?

blackhalo15

Booby Pie
What is your favorite vacation spot and why? Tell a little bit about your last vacation.

I just got back from Myrtle Beach, South Carolina yesterday. I had a great time. It was my mom and sister, girlfriend and her sister, and me. Our hotel was pimp. We ended up on the ninth story. (From which my sister dropped "Whopper" milk balls onto other peoples cars:)) The only bad thing is that at night time, all the teens were out in the streets and were all smoking and drinking. It was actually pretty funny. Two people got arrested in a period of about 10 minutes, hahahahahaha. I went to "Ripley's Aquarium". That was awesome. They have a little tunnel thingy with an escalator that will move you while you watch the sharks swimming all around you.

Home....because I've never been on an actual vacation.

Unless you count a week spent at football boot camp in 100 degree humid weather with the flu.

Originally posted by blackhalo15
Oh, I bet you just love the um, atmosphere:)

Yeah....that's the ticket...that and the...ummm..windmills, yeah, windmills. ;) :p

The Oregon coast. Great food, especially the seafood, great beaches, great campgrounds, and great places. My two favourite places, which I will be heading to this year, are Florence, Oregon(the bottom pin) and Tillamook(the top pin). Florence has great seafood and a fabolous beach. Tillamook has a giant cheese factory. From what I remember from my last visit, it was alot of fun. You got to watch them make all sorts of food and there was a cafeteria with great food.

A ski resort in summer the closest one from Melbourne being Mt Buller. It's tranquil and uncrowded so that you can commune with nature at leisure. It's cooler than at sea level and cheaper with the off-season prices.

Lots of alpine wildflowers to admire, invigorating walks and some surprises too as on one early summer when I experienced a light snowfall there.

Haven't been many places, but interior BC is quite cool, and so is Montana (cheap beer, and the local fauna.......I mean people are interesting). Alberta is cool as well, but I don't have to leave to see that.

I rarely take vacations. On the rare occasions when I have time off I just drive 45 minutes north of Montréal to my parents cabin for some nice ski or mountains activities.

Yes, the thing about Canada, is that you only need to drive about 50 km out of any town, and you are at a suitable, relatively uncrowded vacation site (expect in Saskatchewan, where there is really nothing special).

At home is really fun for vacations, but New Orleans, Yellowstone, and the Pacific Northwest were all fun in their own way too.

Of the ones I have been to Tulum, Mexico is probably my favorite, it is laid back and not as developed as many of the other spots and has few annoying loud American youngsters looking to party. It is also has some nice ruins and is a day trip away from Chichen Itza, something everybody should see once.

I like Bermuda and New Orleans as well. I also really enjoyed my trips to London, Paris and the south of France (Nice, Nimes and Avignon in the springtime).

Originally posted by Sobieski II
Yes, the thing about Canada, is that you only need to drive about 50 km out of any town, and you are at a suitable, relatively uncrowded vacation site (expect in Saskatchewan, where there is really nothing special).
Yes, those January getaways to Manitoba are really a blast.:) It's nice during the two months of summer though.

Cayman Islands. Hawaii just pales in comparison.

San Antonio, Texas. But only for a weekend, since the downtown area is completely unique and totally mind-blowing, but a good majority of the rest of the city is slums for Mexican immigrants.

Ok, where is Victoria on that map? This is the CAPITAL CITY of BC, it deserves to be on that map, dangnammit!!!

And I am not the vacationing person, I like it right here, with CFC!!!

Originally posted by marioh
Yeah....that's the ticket...that and the...ummm..windmills, yeah, windmills. ;) :p

You must have soaked up the 'atmosphere' pretty well if you saw windmills in Amsterdam :D ;).

I had a great time in Madrid, which has great nightlife, lots of things to see and some beautiful towns within reasonable distance (Salamanca, Segovia, Toledo, Aranjuez, the Escorial...).

And just about anywhere in France is good too.

There are many places, each with its own charm.:)
For food, I liked Thailand, South Africa and Australia.
For Swimming, sunbathing and snorkling, I liked W Samoa (lived on the beach), Malaysia and Thailand.
For nice things to do and see, I liked South Africa, Australia and a lot of big cities all over the world.
For skiing, the best place I've been to was one in Austria, which we went to for one day because it was really crappy skiing in Slovenia...
Slovenia had cheap booze though.:)

Gettysburg National Battlefield

Victoria, British Columbia

Up-state New York

Western Washington State

Montana

Top Bottom