• Asterix in Corsica

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Asterix and the diviner

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Asterix among the Helvetics

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • There are so many so great that I can't decide

Votes: 29 30.2%
  • You know who I am and I don't read sissy commies frenchie books!

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Asterix who??

Votes: 10 10.4%

• Total voters
kryszcztov, you don't feel like translating those 130 pages to English, do you? ;)

I watched my first Asterix film today, the 12 *ehm, wonders, thingy, forgot the name :blush: *
Was quite nice, but not as good as the comic books. :)

kryszcztov said:
the French theme park (which I recommend, the "Tonnerre de Zeus" rollcoaster is greeeaaat)
To me, Goudurix remains the king of roller coasters. ;)

And indeed, the Parc Asterix is a great theme park, better than eurodisney... but it will open back only in spring. :(

willemvanoranje said:
better give the answer since nobody else has any idea..
I supposse it is "Asterix and the Roman Agent". In Spanish the album is called "La Cizaña" Its the one with the subject who can stir up a fight between anyone. :D

Marla_Singer said:
I feared rollcoasters with loops when I was younger, so I started to appreciate Goudurix quite late. Though it is fine, Tonnerre de Zeus is just THE thing to do, several times in a row ! I can't stop laughing when I ride this one, you feel like the wooden structure will fall apart at every change of direction, it's fun to make funny faces in front of the camera halfway through the ride (and then see it at the end), but the best is to raise your arms in the air as the wagon goes down the first slope before entering that cave... :crazyeye:

And indeed, the Parc Asterix is a great theme park, better than eurodisney... but it will open back only in spring. :(
Last time in EuroDisney : 1993, so I wouldn't mind to go back there once. Been to Astérix several times since that, and that was always great.

And no, I don't feel like translating all those pages, but Marla does, I think. :p As for me, there is a video game that is stealing my attention these days (but I still take the time to find this thread in OT).

Marla_Singer said:

If roller coasters are your thing, then be sure to take a trip to Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio, USA. The best rollar coaster park in the world. Can't wait till my boys both reach 48 in tall so they can do most of them.

And who/what is this Asterix?

kryszcztov said:
And no, I don't feel like translating all those pages, but Marla does, I think. :p

So, which one of you is gonna mail me a copy of that magazine? :yeah:

nonconformist said:
You're kidding, right? :eek:
Probably not. The US is woefully dearth of Asterix. It would be wasted on most anyway. As I've said before, most wouldn't get the historical refferences in the humor.

true.. they have way less knowledge of the stereotypes we have about each other as well hehe.. Yesterday while reading the legionary I just laughed my ass off when the Belgian and Goth enter Caesar's tent for a beer.. even the fysical characteristics.. brilliant!

willemvanoranje said:
true.. they have way less knowledge of the stereotypes we have about each other as well hehe.. Yesterday while reading the legionary I just laughed my ass off when the Belgian and Goth enter Caesar's tent for a beer.. even the fysical characteristics.. brilliant!
I read that one just the other day (in English, though), and was laughing at Caesar going crazy at the Egyptian asking for a redcoat, or the translator getting angry at the Centurions :lol:

willemvanoranje said:
that's correct!
If anybody wants to post a question, go ahead. I have nothing in mind right now.

Thorgalaeg said:
If anybody wants to post a question, go ahead. I have nothing in mind right now.
Ok. (I do not know if there is an answer to this by the way. it has been a long time since I read the books.)

In many of the books there is a hapless pirate. What is his name?

Who? The chief of the pirates? Must be Red Beard or something like that. The black one is Baba and the one that just has one leg is Three Legs. :D I don't think the others have name.

MCdread said:
Who? The chief of the pirates? Must be Red Beard or something like that. The black one is Baba and the one that just has one leg is Three Legs. :D I don't think the others have name.
And in French : Barbe-Rouge, Baba, Triple-Patte. There's also one appearance of Eric, Barbe-Rouge's son (then forgotten because he wasn't fun enough for the series !). All these characters come from another series, Barbe-Rouge, which was created by two other French guys at the same time. I read most of them, and while not in the same spirit at all, they're a good read (it's about the pirates being the "good" guys... and Eric is the main character there, along with Barbe-Rouge). So that was a way for Goscinny and Uderzo to make some little fun of their friends. :D They make me laugh in the Cleo real movie. :lol:

MCdread said:
Yeah, I meant the captain. I could not remember if they ever called him by name.

Well, for another question...how about the type of gladiator Asterix was (supposed to be) trained as?

Top Bottom