• Asterix in Corsica

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Asterix and the diviner

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Asterix among the Helvetics

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • There are so many so great that I can't decide

Votes: 29 30.2%
  • You know who I am and I don't read sissy commies frenchie books!

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Asterix who??

Votes: 10 10.4%

• Total voters
willemvanoranje said:
What colour are the flowers Obelix wants to give the blond beauty and what does he want to add to the flowers to make it an even better present?
Ah, Falbala !! :) She is played by Laetitia Casta in the 1st movie. :D

BTW, last night I re-read "Astérix et le Chaudron" (with the sesterces smelling onion soup), and I made an effort to notice all the details in the dialogues and the drawings that I could. Sometimes you read it too quickly and don't notice the subtleties. :scan:

I love them all. Favourite character name- Economixcrisis or something like that.

Masquerouge said:
Oh yeah, that's a cool one. Isn't the one where it starts with a 3 pages-gag about Obelix carrying the chief all by himself when you should need two carriers ? I wonder how this one is translated in other langages, because it's a pun of the French word "demi", meaning half as in a half chief because he has only one carrier, but demi is also short for a beer, and Obelix looks just like a waiter carrying a demi on his plate :)
No, no. That is Asterix in Helvetia (very good too) The big fight is the one Where Chief Vitalstatistix is challenged by a stronger pro-roman gaul chief to a single combat for the control of the Gaulish village but Druid Getafix has lost his memory and cannot brew the magic potion becuase Obelix smashed him accidentaly with a Menhir. Then they hire another druid to cure Getafix but the new druid asks Obelix how exactly the blow with the Menhir was, and Obelix to explain it with total precission smash him too. :lol:

Ah, i forgot Asterix and the normands is great too. :D :b:

Thorgalaeg said:
No, no. That is Asterix in Helvetia (very good too) The big fight is the one Where Chief Vitalstatistix is challenged by a stronger pro-roman gaul chief to a single combat for the control of the Gaulish village but Druid Getafix has lost his memory and cannot brew the magic potion becuase Obelix smashed him accidentaly with a Menhir. Then they hire another druid to cure Getafix but the new druid asks Obelix how exactly the blow with the Menhir was, and Obelix to explain it with total precission smash him too. :lol:
Is Getafix the Spanish or the English name of Panoramix (the druid of the village) ?

Ah, i forgot Asterix and the normands is great too. :D :b:
That's the one I voted for. :p

In Spanish it is Panoramix.

Masquerouge said:
Oh yeah, that's a cool one. Isn't the one where it starts with a 3 pages-gag about Obelix carrying the chief all by himself when you should need two carriers ? I wonder how this one is translated in other langages, because it's a pun of the French word "demi", meaning half as in a half chief because he has only one carrier, but demi is also short for a beer, and Obelix looks just like a waiter carrying a demi on his plate :)
In english "half-pint" is used. The chief says something to the effect that he's not a bitter man but that he'd be very sour if Obelix reffused to carry him. While he is being carried, Asterix makes the comment that He (Obelix) is just serving up a "half-pint of sour and bitter":) .

One of my favorite scenes is the part in the forest in Asterix and the Goths, that plus the general's names. They are funny in english at least.

I loved the Egyptian in the Asterix le Legionnaire, who eventually makes the captain have a nervous breakdown.

"Poil aux mains!"

@willem:
Is it Idéafix, his dog?

When I was a kid I always laughed like crazy with that scene in Obélix and Co., where they're all with little smiles and laughing to hide the secret of Obélix's present, and then he tells Idéafix "Look, we're gonna have our secrets too!" And then he shouts HEHEHE! to some scared walking peasent.

willemvanoranje said:
nope... he wants to give that to her at some point too, but not with the flowers...

in Dutch it is as well..
Wasn't it a wild boar? and the flowers were blue I think.

I didn't think Obelix went out on purpose to fetch the helmet though. Didn't he get that cause the Romans were hiding in his patch of flowers?

Random thoughts... :D

- @ MCdread (McDread ?) : I can recall you using an Obélix avatar in the past, and maybe a subtitle related to it, am I correct ?

- It's funny because the part in The Odyssey where they get chased by many Mesopotamian tribes in the desert was a favourite moment for me, and it seems it is shared by many here, and I wouldn't have believed so before. Civ syndrom ?

- I think that Xen doesn't like the Astérix series, judging by the way the Romans are depicted. :lol:

kryszcztov said:
- @ MCdread (McDread ?) : I can recall you using an Obélix avatar in the past, and maybe a subtitle related to it, am I correct ?

It's MCdread (not McDread), but if I had imagined the nick would be so many times misspelled or confused with McDread, I would have definitly have chosen something else or put a space between MC and dread. (sigh)
And yes, I have used 2 or 3 different Obélix related in the past, and the custom title "Ils sont fous ces civfans". Unfortunately the last word is not cery good french, but it was the only way it could fit in the allowed number of characters. :)

Top Bottom