What's your preferred toast creation algorithm?

How do you like your toast to be prepared?

• I eat toast but don't care how it's prepared

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My culture doesn't really eat toast

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Truthy

Chatbot
Applying butter then toasting (using toaster oven) is the correct answer

I have a toasting fork and like to toast over the fire. Then apply the butter. If you apply the butter first it will drip off into the fire.

I was just going to say that using that method with a regular toaster would be really messy.

I prefer either garlic toast or French toast. Cinnamon toast is really good, too.

When I was in the army and we were out in the field they would give us a box of C rations and one piece of white bread, dry. It was handy. We would eat the C rats then wash up and dry off with the bread. If at that time I was pressed to make toast I'd likely find a flamethrower. Since there was no butter I suppose we could use axle grease. Still wouldn't eat it.

I am not orderly enough to have a particular algorithm. If the oven is hot for something else I use the oven. If the counter space that is shared by the toaster, blender, and crock pot is not available to the toaster I use a frying pan (butter first). If there is space for the toaster I use the toaster and apply butter when I get to it, which might melt or might not.

I usually just bung my Vegemite straight on.

Eww no. You apply soft butter to warm toast so the butter melts off of the knife onto the toast, thereby ensuring an even spread over the whole of the piece of bread.

This thread has 6 posts, now 7. So, that means when someone posts how they make toast then a bunch of folks rush in to see how whoever makes toast. Make whatever conclusions suit your fancy.

Eww no. You apply soft butter to warm toast so the butter melts off of the knife onto the toast, thereby ensuring an even spread over the whole of the piece of bread.
Excuse you. If the butter is soft, you can get this effect without having soggy bread afterwards.
This thread has 6 posts, now 7. So, that means when someone posts how they make toast then a bunch of folks rush in to see how whoever makes toast. Make whatever conclusions suit your fancy.
This is exactly what I'm doing

Excuse you. If the butter is soft, you can get this effect without having soggy bread afterwards.

Sounds like you're eating your toast too slowly. That's a user error.

Me too Derrick.

I tend not to bother with the butter. Once you've put on enough jam, it doesn't really matter.

I try and keep to a low-fat died, and so toast without butter please. :)

I would die as well if I could not put butter on my toast.

I take a bunch of eggs, flour, and baking soda, and mix it all up in a bowl. Add some yeast, bacon, and mix thoroughly. Throw in the toaster oven and set on max. Prepare butter mixture on the side by blending butter, olive oil, and bacon. As soon as you can start smelling weird smells, take the toast out, and throw it in the toaster. Once toasted drench in butter mixture and serve with vodka.

Peanut butter onto hot, fresh toast gets all melty and wonderful.

Top Bottom