What's your upper age limit for dating?

Max age you would date (male or female)

• <18 (you better be less than 18 if you vote this)

Votes: 10 11.8%
  • 18-21

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • 22-24

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • 25-27

Votes: 10 11.8%
  • 28-30

Votes: 8 9.4%
  • 31-33

• 34-36

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • 37-39

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • 40-42

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • 43-45

• 46-48

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • 49-51

• 52-54

• 55-57

• 58-60

• 61-65

• 66-70

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 71-75

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 75+

• I'm asexual or don't date for some other reason

Votes: 6 7.1%

• Total voters
75+.

Lower limit is illegal in the US.

Problem with polls like these is that I don't want to select a standard for myself. "Oh I really like this girl or boy, but he or she's above/below my age limit, and as such I won't date him or her." Who sets standards for oneself like that?

That said, the generic 80-year-old doesn't look very attractive to me. But shallow standards are stupid to have. It really depends on the individual case.

Problem with polls like these is that I don't want to select a standard for myself. "Oh I really like this girl or boy, but he or she's above/below my age limit, and as such I won't date him or her." Who sets standards for oneself like that?
Nobody. The "upper limit" is not "I would really like to date her, but she's hit an arbitrary limit so I won't", but rather "well, it's not that she's unpleasant, but really, her age bother me and makes her not attractive to me".

I'm thirty-*cough*, so I wouldn't want anyone who looks visibly ancient or who's young enough to look like they're still at school. Other than that, if I actually gave a damn, I'd be fine.

I don't think I could ever go above 28-30 range. Even at that point I would have to really like the person to be in a relationship or even to date once or twice.

I'd say 46-48 is probably my limit right now. But it's not a HARD limit. I'd blow it off for the right gal.

I like to have a 3 years limit for me so while I'm 28, I'd go as high as 31 or maybe even 32.

I'm 23, and prob wouldn't go above 28 or so, mostly because I'd worry about how much we'd have in common. There is no shortage of 22-25 year olds where I am though, so I don't really need to look much older.

Well, here is a breakdown of my initial thoughts (currently 18)
18-20: +2 years older than me
21-27: +3 years
28-29: +4 years

After that I have no idea what I'll think. Basically, while I'm in college I want to date other college-age individuals.
When I'm 27 I don't really want to date anyone older than 30. Just an arbitrary idea that "wow, I'm in my 20s while she is in her 30s!" seems like it might scare me off a little bit. Just like now I don't really want to date someone in their 20s now.

I'm 27 and my girlfriend is 30. I think a woman in her late thirties would be pushing it purely in terms of age, but I also often find women in their early twenties a bit too juvenile for my liking, in Japan at least.

I dont date so thats what I voted. However, I do know of one 60-year-old I wouldnt mind.

Right now, 34-36 is it for me (good looking science teachers). But once I'm a sophomore or junior in college I want an affair with a professor. Just like Paris from Gilmore Girls - my role model. <333

I didn't even notice the "I don't date" option on the poll. Observation wins the day!

That's me, obviously. I haven't had a girlfriend in seven years and really don't care that much.

To the OP:
I have the same age as you, and my range goes from 23 to 43.

Spoiler :
Younger girls tends to get a lot of ideas and plans that over 30 don't bother with.
More mature women (over 30) are much more interesting, uninhibited, independent, and do not create any big problems... usually they know what they want and they have fun getting it.

I remember some years ago I was dating two girls, one 10 years older than me and the other 12 years younger than me.
The younger one was a bit shy, inhibited, and at all accounts a bit boring and problematic to handle.
The older one, a maniac of marathon running, was in perfect shape, athletic, flexible and fun.

No doubt about which story continued for longer time.

but I also often find women in their early twenties a bit too juvenile for my liking, in Japan at least.
I agree with you on this point, especially in terms of relationships.

I also ask because recently a woman said I was above her age range. I was 9 years older than her. I did recently date a woman 15 years younger than me. That was pushing it. We're kind of stretching into daddy territory there. And the impression was she wanted me to be her daddy in terms of paying for everything. Not gonna happen. So some people do have hard rules about age limit on dating. Mine are fairly flexible. The post above mine is a good range. 23 to 43.

Really, an arbitrary age limit doesn't matter: As long as both people are happy about how the other person is, then that all there is to it.

Some girls are shy, some are not inhibited at all, some don't want to date guys who are certain years younger or older than them, and while some are immature, age doesn't really tell you who is immature and who isn't.

"Daddy territory" has more to do with how both people act than any specific ages.

Oh, and while women in their thirties (and older I guess, but have never gone there) can be great, women in their early twenties are also great: Fun, full of energy and wanting to experience new stuff. :love:

Top Bottom