When and where will Putin make his move?

Meanwhile in Kazakhstan:
Kazakhstan’s parliament renames Astana to Nursultan, a day after President Nazarbayev resigns
Kazakhstan’s parliament passed a law at a joint meeting of its houses on Wednesday to change the capital city’s name from Astana to Nursultan, in honor of the country’s first President Nursultan Nazarbayev. Members of the lower and upper houses of Kazakhstan’s parliament unanimously voted for the proposed amendments.
https://www.rt.com/newsline/454289-kazakhstan-renames-astana-nursultan/

I think it's a good initiative. May be America will also rename Washington DC to Donald?

How about New York changing into Trump Tower City

The best thing to do ofc is someone awfully rich to buy that tower and break it down stone for stone and replace it by a cottage.

Something something, foundations of Barad-Dur, something something, made with the power of the Ring

Astana is a newly build city, and "Astana" is just the kazakh word for capital, so it's not like the renaming is so terrible

And we already have Vladimir city in Russia for about 1000 years. Looks like our ancestors knew we'll need it.

Washington DC --> Washington DT gogo. I'm sure nobody would object.

If they change the name of this place to the District of Trump my life's ambition will be to cleanse it with nuclear fire, the only thing that could possibly make it clean

And we already have Vladimir city in Russia for about 1000 years. Looks like our ancestors knew we'll need it.
Hardly sufficient.
Looking forward to Putinovo, Putingrad, or possibly St. Putinsburg.:goodjob:

St. Putinsburg would be too old-fashioned, and Putinovo sounds rather like a village name.
Putingrad is the best choice!

If they change the name of this place to the District of Trump my life's ambition will be to cleanse it with nuclear fire, the only thing that could possibly make it clean

Drones are perfect for graffiti :nuke:

If they rename it, they should build the worlds largest sewage treatment plant ever built in it.

The only thing holding Putin back is lack of interest, and I don't see why he would have much interest in Finland. I don't really see much in the way of desirable territory for him to grab, at this point.
Finland would be the last country which would Russians want to conquer, they will not attack them till they will be prepared to conquer whole Europe. Its their diplomatical bridge since the end of WW2.

Astana is a newly build city, and "Astana" is just the kazakh word for capital, so it's not like the renaming is so terrible
Its terrible because I remember only Astana and Almaty. I know all capitals in the world but I deny learn the new ones.
Plus they will have to rename it in the next 20 years when will the cult of personality fade.

Last edited:
Plus they will have to rename it in the next 20 years when will the cult of personality fade.
I wouldn't be so sure about it. Other countries also named their capitals and large cities after their founding fathers and it often stays for much longer than 20 years.

I wouldn't be so sure about it. Other countries also named their capitals and large cities after their founding fathers and it often stays for much longer than 20 years.
I am optimist. You should be too, Putinovo sounds alright :)

Puticlub.

I recently came across a claim that a lot of Russians are in Latvia. A lot of those Russians don't have Latvian or Russian citizenship, making them stateless, though I'm sure Russia and Latvia have some accord to help them out. But hey, if that's a key to the Baltic, eat your hearts out, Tom Clancys.

I am optimist. You should be too, Putinovo sounds alright :)
It's in Serbia, so doesn't entirely fit the pattern :)
There's also Putivl' city in Ukraine.

I recently came across a claim that a lot of Russians are in Latvia. A lot of those Russians don't have Latvian or Russian citizenship, making them stateless
Hundreds of thousands, mostly in Latvia and Estonia. Live there for almost 30 years already.
Baltic States are hesitant to give them citizenship, probably because if they have citizenship, they can vote and bring "wrong" politicians to power.

Top Bottom