When and why did India lose Inquisitors?

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Zymos, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Zymos

Zymos Chieftain

I recall India being able to purchase Inquisitors in my last game but I can't buy them in my current game. This was not documented in the patch notes as far as I can see and is not part of the Complete Guide. All it says there is that they cannot purchase missionaries (which they shouldn't, since they have their passive spread).

Is this a mistake or is it just an undocumented change?

2. JimBobRedneck

JimBobRedneck Chieftain

Have you enhanced your religion yet? Inquisitors are not available for anyone until then.

3. Zymos

Zymos Chieftain

Yep. I'm on turn 314, 1888 AD, world leader. My religion is the world religion.

Ancestor Worship, Ceremonial Burial, Synagogues, Cooperation, Ritual, To the Glory of God.

It's all there. No inquisitors.

4. Funak

Funak Deity

You're missing follower-belief in that pile :D

5. Zymos

Zymos Chieftain

Forgot Cooperation, added it. Still no inquisitors ._.

6. Funak

Funak Deity

I'll start a game as India and check if I can build inquisitors, will report back.

7. Zymos

Zymos Chieftain

Here's what the set-up text has to say about it, rip dreams ._.

Must have been an undocumented change then.

8. Funak

Funak Deity

Yeah, this was a pretty massive nerf actually, no way to combat a neighbor picking Ritual, or just spamming missionaries at you now without spending a ton of faith on prophet conversion, awesome.

9. Big J Money

Big J Money Emperor

Were Inquisitors changed in VP to allow you to use them on neighbors? I thought in vanilla Civ they were only used in your own cities. If that were the case in CBO, then India could at least be allowed to use Inquisitors without being OP.

10. Strigvir

Strigvir Emperor

How is using Inqusitors not OP when they perform far better than missionaries in cities with majority religion?

11. Funak

Funak Deity

No, you can't use inquisitors on cities you don't own, but you can use inquisitors on your own cities to flip them over to your religion when you're getting pressured.

12. Horvath Broncos

Horvath Broncos Warlord

I haven't played India but isn't it good that you don't have inquisitors I mean if you had those thanks to India's pressure you would never lose cities if you played India "right". Few Indian cities give so much pressure that no one would have a change if they used inquisitors.

13. Funak

Funak Deity

You can't even get your spread started if a neighbor picked up Ritual, maybe if you get to enhance first and can pick Ritual yourself, but if a neighbor gets it you're going to lose your cities before they can grow big enough to actually build up pressure.
    In that test-game I did I couldn't manage to convert my 4th city because Portugal's religion was providing 600 religious pressure, for a comparison I was at 46.

14. Horvath Broncos

Horvath Broncos Warlord

Okay then. Maybe I'll play with India in next game to see how this all works in practise.

15. Funak

Funak Deity

It can probably work in practice, but there is absolutely no real way of recovery if your enemy starts building on you. I mean even if you keep a majority in your cities every follower of another religion is hurting your UA.