When did you start playing CIV?

When did you start playing the CIV games?

• Civ 1

Votes: 81 54.7%
  • Civ 2

Votes: 36 24.3%
  • Alpha Centauri

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Civ 3

Votes: 26 17.6%

• Total voters
started 1992 with Civ 1, played the whole series since

I played Civ 2, then Civ 1, AC and finally, Civ3

I coveted Civ for years after I first saw it in a computer store. I think it must have been Civ 1. I kept planning to get it, was on the verge of buying Civ II several times, but the discounted disk I found in the store was actually "Call to Power." I read reviews of it online and saw that most players believed Call to Power sucked and wasn't the genuine Civ. So I made up my mind to hold out for Civ 3. Finally, soon after Civ 3 appeared, I got it.

I like medieval stuff and history a lot..Thanks to my social studies teacher...5th, 6th and 7th grade social studies teachers to be exact)..I search the internet for a game like Age of Empires 2..Then I saw Civ3..also saw it in a book oreder in 6th grade..so I bought in Oct. 2003..then got C3C..got hooked on first day..

I started with Civ1 on the Super Nintendo. :D

Still have the cartridge somewhere too...

I first played Civ1 in ~1994 on my DX4-100 IBM PC.

Got Civ2 when it first came out.....

Just bought Civ3 Gold....

started with civ3 last year

Way back to CIV I on my super-powerful 286 computer! I kept CIV I for awhile after CIV II because it could fit onto two 3.5" disks and I could paly it while deployed.

The original Civ and MoM and MOO. Never played Pirates or Colonialization though.

All civ is good gaming.

I originally found out about Civ through my school. Five years ago (when I was in 5th grade), my teacher had installed Civ II on the computer in her classroom. Distant memories come back of watching other kids play it, cheating in the WWII scenario, and dropping nukes all over the place. :love: Soon afterwards, I had my own copy, and the rest is history.

I started with CivII for playstation. That was a kind of game that you would need to bring a book to the tv too, since you sometimes have to wait over 30 mins between turns after you get to the middle ages. :crazyeye: And now I play CivIII and only have to wait seconds between turns! :eek:

I first started playing Civ I years and years ago. (92? 91? When did it come out?)
My Civ experience is a case study in the value of software piracy: I got a copy of Civ I from a friend of mine. I immediately became obsessed with the game, and I remember one summer where I spent quite some time writing stuff down from the Civilopedia, since I didn't have any manuals to refer to.

Shortly after that summer, I completed my conversion to the Cult of Macintosh, and then I bought a legit Mac copy of Civ I, followed eventually by Civ II and III. I'm sure that Sid forgives me for my youthful indiscretion, especially since that early exposure created a customer for life.

I got Civ1 as soon as it came out, for my trusty old Amiga. I presumably still have those four battered disks somewhere in an attic. I can actually remember some of my cities, from well over a decade ago; and whenever I conquer a city now in CivIII I miss the dodgy animation of the flickery soldiers marching into it! I make up for this by singing the "Greek" anthem from the old game loudly though. Da da da da da da daaaa, da da da DA da!

Never saw Civ2. That was the brief period when I had a life of some kind.

My sister boyfriend played civ1 on amiga. When I got my first computer, amiga, civ was the first game on it. When I got my first PC civ2 was the first game on it. And now I have civ3.

My first "CIV" game was Civ3 in 2003 unfortunatly. But I had played a game called "Conquest of the New World" which is very simmilar. Has anyone else played that game?

For official "Sid Meier's Civilizations" games - Civ I.

Do you guys remember a game from I believe about 1982 or 1983 on the TRS-80? Might have been called Empire? Some of the same basics of map is blank until you explore and build units to conquer the world. I don't think you could build anything but military units. No trade, no diplomacy.. no color :p

Then on the Commodore 64 (so probably also on the PC/XT/AT and Apple II series, maybe the Amiga and Atari ST or whatever that was back then too) there was a similar game (maybe called Empire - I think one or both of these was named that), but with color and other advancements.

They weren't very "Civish" - I don't think they had scientific advancements or city improvements or anything like that. But they had the basic model of a world that you see as you explore and take over with military units.

CIV I to III - C3C, including AlphaC.
Who I blame? My older brother

Played for over 10 years all the way since Civ1. This is simply the most addictive and replayable game around.

If I rembember correctly (I'm getting old) I played my first game on a 8086 with 1 (or was it 4) MB RAM. It rocked. But as the advisor would say:

"We are a backward student due to insufficient effort". HEHE.

Top Bottom