When does the next patch come out?!?!?!?!?

Clovis

Charlemagne's Grandfather
Everyone is waiting on this new patch. When does it come out? What will it do?

OOH, the mysterious magical patch, everyone is waiting for it, but no one knows what it is!? :crazyeye: :confused:

It's coming soon... we wish we could announce a date, but we are trying to get it out as fast as possible. There is a lot in this patch (like the offical PitBoss and the SDK), it is taking longer than we anticipated.

Soren Johnson said:
It's coming soon... we wish we could announce a date, but we are trying to get it out as fast as possible. There is a lot in this patch (like the offical PitBoss and the SDK), it is taking longer than we anticipated.
I cant wait for the SDK:D I heard people saying it was coming with the patch and wondered where they got the info... well comming from you I can now believe it.

But the truth is....

I just am posting to quote the great Soren himself.. I feel so kewl now:D

Oni said:
I cant wait for the SDK:D I heard people saying it was coming with the patch and wondered where they got the info... well comming from you I can now believe it.

Just to clarify... A lot of people seem to misunderstand exactly what the SDK is going to be. The SDK is nothing more or less than the programming code used to write the game. It will be possible to create just about anything possible in terms of mods, since the actual code will be moddable, BUT only people with extensive programming knowledge are going to be able to make much use of it. This is not the sort of thing that your typical fan is going to be able to understand. The SDK will be an amazing resource, but you'd better know how to work in C++ if you want to mess around with it. :)

Thank you, everyone! That explains a lot!

Trust me, it'll be fun messing with the SDK. :)

Although you might wanna watch out for someone putting malicious code, which could happen...

Just kinda bumping this for now so that another "when is the patch thread" doesn't surface...hopefully. :p

Anyone that spots it's release plz minimize the game and come let us know so we can break their server again :lol:

SDK will be cool to have some smarter AIs programmed too... I can see it now
"My AI can beat your AI"
Let the competition begin!

friskymike said:
SDK will be cool to have some smarter AIs programmed too... I can see it now
"My AI can beat your AI"
Let the competition begin!
Good Idea!...
your A.I vs. My A.I multiplayer game...
Let's make an A.I. league game...

I'm sorry, Soren, but the SDK really won't help fix the bugs that cause me to crash to desktop, or graphics lockups or other issues that I've needed fixed since day one. Isn't there some way to seperate the 'additional' features like the SDK and Pitboss from the bug fixes?

I've migrated to GalCiv2 while waiting for some sort of stability in Civ4.

I really hope there is an option NOT to download the SDK and other programmes when the patch is released... for those of us who know nothing about computer programming and are not interested in making our own units, and instead just want a patch which fixes all the freeze-crash problems that us poor GT6600 users experience.

It's good to hear some things are coming along. That said, I have to say I'm really surprised to here that are they throwing the SDK in with the next patch. I think that's a really bad idea. These ought to be very separate downloads/installs. I really don't think too many people, except for a few of us hard-core programmers and those mightily motived, are really interested in having that pile of stuff come down with their next patch.

Anyway, thanks for the update! Hope that everything gets worked out smoothly. If you decide to give us any hint at all on a new estimate for a release of the patch, I promise it will be appreciated (but understand if you don't).

The SDK will likely be small. The source code for most games is smaller than a few animations.

Top Bottom