When Genocide is Permissible

Aroddo

Emperor
This article appeared on the "The Times of Israel". It has since been retracted but cached for posterity.

Original link: http://blogs.timesofisrael.com/when-genocide-is-permissible/
Cached article: http://w01.freezepage.com/a/14069/09211XPDLSKVFJP/0

When Genocide is Permissible
by Yochanan Gordon

Judging by the numbers of casualties on both sides in this almost one-month old war one would be led to the conclusion that Israel has resorted to disproportionate means in fighting a far less- capable enemy. That is as far as what meets the eye. But, it’s now obvious that the US and the UN are completely out of touch with the nature of this foe and are therefore not qualified to dictate or enforce the rules of this war – because when it comes to terror there is much more than meets the eye.
I wasn’t aware of this, but it seems that the nature of warfare has undergone a major shift over the years. Where wars were usually waged to defeat the opposing side, today it seems – and judging by the number of foul calls it would indicate – that today’s wars are fought to a draw. I mean, whoever heard of a timeout in war? An NBA Basketball game allows six timeouts for each team during the course of a game, but last I checked this is a war! We are at war with an enemy whose charter calls for the annihilation of our people. Nothing, then, can be considered disproportionate when we are fighting for our very right to live.
The sad reality is that Israel gets it, but its hands are being tied by world leaders who over the past six years have insisted they are such good friends with the Jewish state, that they know more regarding its interests than even they do. But there’s going to have to come a time where Israel feels threatened enough where it has no other choice but to defy international warnings – because this is life or death.
Most of the reports coming from Gazan officials and leaders since the start of this operation have been either largely exaggerated or patently false. The truth is, it’s not their fault, falsehood and deceit is part of the very fabric of who they are and that will never change. Still however, despite their propensity to lie, when your enemy tells you that they are bent on your destruction you believe them. Similarly, when Khaled Meshal declares that no physical damage to Gaza will dampen their morale or weaken their resolve – they have to be believed. Our sage Gedalia the son of Achikam was given intelligence that Yishmael Ben Nesanyah was plotting to kill him. However, in his piety or rather naiveté Gedalia dismissed the report as a random act of gossip and paid no attention to it. To this day, the day following Rosh Hashana is commemorated as a fast day in the memory of Gedalia who was killed in cold blood on the second day of Rosh Hashana during the meal. They say the definition of insanity is repeating the same mistakes over and over. History is there to teach us lessons and the lesson here is that when your enemy swears to destroy you – you take him seriously.
Hamas has stated forthrightly that it idealizes death as much as Israel celebrates life. What other way then is there to deal with an enemy of this nature other than obliterate them completely?
News anchors such as those from CNN, BBC and Al-Jazeera have not missed an opportunity to point out the majority of innocent civilians who have lost their lives as a result of this war. But anyone who lives with rocket launchers installed or terror tunnels burrowed in or around the vicinity of their home cannot be considered an innocent civilian. If you’ll counter, that Hamas has been seen abusing civilians who have attempted to leave their homes in response to Israeli warnings to leave – well then, your beginning to come to terms with the nature of this enemy which should automatically cause the rules of standard warfare to be suspended.
Everyone agrees that Israel has the right to defend itself as well as the right to exercise that right. Secretary General Ban Ki Moon has declared it, Obama and Kerry have clearly stated that no one could be expected to sit idle as thousands of rockets rain down on the heads of its citizens, placing them in clear and present danger. It seems then that the only point of contention is regarding the measure of punishment meted out in this situation.
I will conclude with a question for all the humanitarians out there. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu clearly stated at the outset of this incursion that his objective is to restore a sustainable quiet for the citizens of Israel. We have already established that it is the responsibility of every government to ensure the safety and security of its people. If political leaders and military experts determine that the only way to achieve its goal of sustaining quiet is through genocide is it then permissible to achieve those responsible goals?

In short, Gordon thinks that genocide on a population is permissible when the political leadership of that population threatens you with genocide.

I am not familiar yet with The Times Of Israel, so I don't know if they retracted the article because they disagree with it or because they think that it would hurt their public image. But it is a given that Gordon is not the only one flirting with genocide ... and the ones who can make it happen are likely amongst them.

I predict a sustainable quiet in the next couple of years.

Link to video.

Whatever, Poland strong!

We always complained about how Domen was so obsessive about Poland. Now look at us!

I agree that 2 threads on the massacre would likely be enough (one RD, one non-RD). 7 threads is overkill, although it shows that the issue is creating notably a bigger interest/outrage/etc than those of recent times (i mean the high point of the Ukraine crisis had iirc 3 concurrent threads).

You can't make an omelette without breaking some heads.

Didn't Lenin say One cannot make a omelet without breaking a few eggs? But of course one can break a great many eggs and make no omelets at all. I suspect this is what we are seeing. All of the violence of a war, without the clear objective of a war. It just seems so, recreational.

7 threads is overkill, although it shows that the issue is creating notably a bigger interest/outrage/etc than those of recent times (i mean the high point of the Ukraine crisis had iirc 3 concurrent threads).

So Domen showed the notably bigger than usual outrage surrounding Poland then? :thumbsup:

falsehood and deceit is part of the very fabric of who they are and that will never change. Still however, despite their propensity to lie, when your enemy tells you that they are bent on your destruction you believe them.
I love the smell of cognitive dissonance in the morning.:twitch:

Moderator Action: Please don't discuss people who aren't in the thread to defend themselves. And I'm going to pre-emptively warn people against noting how many horror film threads there are ;)

Simple answer...after it's done.

If the Nazi's had succeeded in exterminating all the Jews, there would have been no complaints.

The Europeans did succeed in exterminating the natives of North America, and there are no complaints. The only problem is that some were exterminated by French and some were exterminated by Spaniards while most were exterminated by English. If the English had successfully exterminated everyone on their own continent first there would be no problem at all.

The only trick is that after it's done you have to pretend it never happened to keep it off your conscience, and that is impossible if it isn't completed.

Of course that doesn't make it any less glaringly evil.

I have an even simpler answer ... Never.

I have an even simpler answer ... Never.

That ignores the fact that it has certainly been done and no consequences whatsoever befell the people who did it...so it has clearly been permitted.

It's never been anything but glaringly evil, in my opinion, but that in itself didn't stop it before and won't stop it today.

Saying that we should kill everyone to solve a problem is a rather childish approach in my opinion. It's pretty much the equivalent to peeing your pants for warmth.

I'm going to ask moderators to ban Palestinization of threads.

Words cannot respond to the article in the OP...

[video about Crusades]

Because Muslim conquest of Iberia, Balkans, etc. was so much better...

But it was not a total waste because now Europeans themselves are getting their countries voluntarily Islamized.

I suppose King Sobieski is shouting in his grave: "stop inviting Muslim immigrants!". :D

Wasn't Iberia conquered by Muslims who were invited by Christian rules to work there (as mercenaries) ???

The same was with Balkans - Byzantines invited Turks to work for them (as mercenaries).

Now Britain is also inviting Muslim workers... :D

Words cannot respond to the article in the OP...

Congratulations for being the first one to notice that something is wrong when "journalists" (or in this case a news blogger) think that it's ok to openly advocate genocide in public.

Because Muslim conquest of Iberia, Balkans, etc. was so much better...

But it was not a total waste because now Europeans themselves are getting their countries voluntarily Islamized.

I suppose King Sobieski is shouting in his grave: "stop inviting Muslim immigrants!". :D

Wasn't Iberia conquered by Muslims who were invited by Christian rules to work there (as mercenaries) ???

The same was with Balkans - Byzantines invited Turks to work for them (as mercenaries).

Now Britain is also inviting Muslim workers... :D

Maybe we could just pave over and salt the Earth where Jerusalem once stood. Clearly the God of Abraham (the same one worshiped by Jews, Christians, and Muslims; the same one who commanded Abraham to kill his own son...etc. etc.) Is not any sort of God human beings should be concerning themselves with.

Didn't see an image for this anywhere else on the Internet so I've made one myself:

Considering that the OP is a clip from an Israeli source discussing genocide on Palestinians I don't think it was possible to further 'Palestinize' it.

Maybe we could just pave over and salt the Earth where Jerusalem once stood. Clearly the God of Abraham (the same one worshiped by Jews, Christians, and Muslims; the same one who commanded Abraham to kill his own son...etc. etc.) Is not any sort of God human beings should be concerning themselves with.

Just to show that this problem has been around for a good long time...

Back when I was in the navy (during the cold war) on a submarine (where obviously everyone had too much time on their hands) we came up with a solution (which could only be considered relatively humanitarian by people who understood that our purpose was the vaporization of a quarter billion people on command).

Since Jerusalem is actually a holy city in three major religions, making it impossible to stop the incessant 'holy' disputes over it...

1) Evacuate city.

2) Dust everything liberally with Cobalt-60, sufficient to generate a fatal radiation level.

3) For the next twenty years, anyone can freely go there and meet the god of their choice in short order.

4) Due to the half life of Cobalt-60 radiation levels will be minimal after 25 years, so repeat if necessary.

5) Eventually it won't be necessary.

Top Bottom