When I lose to the AI on Apollo, it's usually Polystralia;

s0nny80y

Emperor
I think that this is a good sign that trade routes are OP, if the AI that wins on Apollo is usually Polystralia.

The reason why the AI version of Polystralia wins a lot is more complicated then that.

First, Hutama is weighted towards achieving one of the victory conditions as fast as possible (less than Rejinaldo, but more than Elodie and Kozlov). KP, PAC, ARC, and PAU take a lot of detours.

Second, Hutama has the highest bias towards Harmony (on par with Elodie, more than Kozlov and Rejinaldo). Outside of lucky progenitor ruins, Harmony has the quickest victory.

Third, Hutama has the highest bias towards expansion (on par with Elodie and Kozlov, much more than Rejinaldo). The top AIs in every single Civ game has always been the ones biased towards rapid expansion.

Fourth, Hutama has the highest bias towards exterminating alien nests (on par with Kozlov, and more than Elodie and Rejinaldo). If the AI likes to play nice with the local animals, they're going to have a hard time expanding.

Interesting, Hutama is indeed usually the best AI faction in my games, followed by Elodie.

However Kavitha often manages to become pretty dangerous even thought she doesn't seem to like expansion at all.

I actually lost a Mercury game once to Hutama... I was playing as ARC, going for a Contact victory when suddenly Hutama went full runaway and completed the Mind Flower... Sadly, I wasn't able mount an assault in time because he was far away on the other side of the map. Luckily, I just reloaded a save from about 3 hours before and promptly built a massive navy and beat Hutama to the ground long before he could get to that point.

He's like the Hiawatha of CivBE.

It is a lot less infuriating when the A.I. puts out a lot of cities in this game because it isn't suicidal for the human player to do the same.

If you play on Apollo difficulty you can expect the AI to be competitive. Nothing new there.

The reason why the AI version of Polystralia wins a lot is more complicated then that.

Not in any game I've played so far.

First, Hutama is weighted towards achieving one of the victory conditions as fast as possible (less than Rejinaldo, but more than Elodie and Kozlov). KP, PAC, ARC, and PAU take a lot of detours.

Can't say I've noticed much AI competition.

Third, Hutama has the highest bias towards expansion (on par with Elodie and Kozlov, much more than Rejinaldo). The top AIs in every single Civ game has always been the ones biased towards rapid expansion.

Polystralia doesn't usually expand fast. India and Panslavia do though.

I always try to defeat Hutama before he starts with his brutal rex.

I love Hutama ;p But actually he has never won this far. He indeed expands rapidly but he never even got close to winning. Now I'm afraid my game's broken :D

That ARC betch once beat me when I was so close to winning.

Daoming usually starts wars and negotiates peace five turns after that. I guess Élodie was sick of it and declared war on her, capturing all of her cities and banishing her from the game.

Kavitha is like an insane person. Sometimes she stays REALLY small. I mean REALLY small. Just her capital by turn 250. And sometimes she goes nuts and starts assaulting everyone in sight and owns like 50% of the land mass. That crazy old frump.

Top Bottom