1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

When is first patch for Civ VI coming?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Ogaw, Nov 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ogaw

Ogaw Chieftain

In this day most companies, IT or not work with agile software development. This means you work in 2-4 week sprints and release content on a regular basis.

It has been more than 2 weeks since release and I would expect at least a patch with bug fixes at this point.

Has 2K communicated when they will patch the game? There are some serious bugs for example crash on close, and crash on invading city that needs to be fixed asap.

GKShaman, Xur, sanchopanda and 4 others like this.
  2. Ozisl

Ozisl Warlord

Dev speak will inevitably be "soon" or "when it is ready". Rarely are patch schedules given out.

3. Skybird

Skybird Chieftain

Awaiting this with great anticipation. As long as they fix the "completed one item behind" bug which really does my head in, I'll be happy. Oh and the really annoying habit the AI has of grumbling about something and not telling you why...just like the missus!

fatgordy and Lliraeden like this.
  4. nokmirt

nokmirt Emperor

I hope soon so I can play again.

Xur, sanchopanda, bumpyglint and 4 others like this.
  5. tekjunkie28

tekjunkie28 Prince

Yea this isnt Paradox sadly... The developers don't communicate what so ever with the players. They don't even listen to us.

Dearmad, Xur, Zuizgond and 1 other person like this.
  6. Bino

Bino Warlord

The only glitches I have found or noticed are the crash on close to desktop and the silly one when I free a city state and its screen is messed up. Patch always welcome.

7. Ogaw

Ogaw Chieftain

There is also a serious "crash on invading city"-bug. It happened to me while going for a domination victory at around turn 240. Very serious since it basically ruins the game from that point. (I have to invade to win, I cannot invade) More info here: https://www.reddit.com/r/civ/comments/590khq/civ_vi_city_capture_crashes_the_game/

8. AppleDumplingHead

AppleDumplingHead Emperor

I don't think this is really fair to say. Actually, I feel it's a "tactic" to pander to people too routinely in social media so as to placate them. I know that people will argue with this statement, because they don't understand it.

I'm sure Firaxis people are reading. I'm sure there are things they'd like to correct soon and it will be done in the timeline they can supply the fixes.

nzcamel likes this.
  9. Dark_Jedi06

Dark_Jedi06 "Deus ex Machina."

Anytime between within the next minute and 4000 years from now.

I suspect closer to the former. :shifty:

nzcamel likes this.
  10. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Deity

After the release I suspect many would have taken annual leave.

Just be thankful they're American and so don't get 4 or 5 weeks annual paid leave like they do in benighted backwaters like Europe or Australia.

jekke, Jeckel, fatgordy and 2 others like this.
  11. Haggbart

Haggbart King

How is crash on exit a "serious bug" in terms of enjoying the game?

comatosedragon likes this.
  12. Jabulani

Jabulani Warlord

Considering the huge amount of issues imo not before xmas

13. Haggbart

Haggbart King

Are you suggesting there are more issues than CiV which received its first patch after a month?

14. Jabulani

Jabulani Warlord

It depends on how many of them will be fixed in the first patch, If the diplo bugs will remain ( as likely ) the first one might come soon.

Diplo is so messed up .... is too much for them, since earlier series Firaxians always left lot of bugs and inconsistencies and this time won't be different, pity

15. bite

bite Unofficial Civilization Cartographer Moderator

my assumption the first patch will come out roughly in line with the first DLC pack, it makes sense to push them out at the same time

16. gunnergoz

gunnergoz Cat Herder

Thank goodness it isn't Paradox. I for one won't buy their games any longer. And sorry to burst your bubble but, yes, the Firaxis developers do pay attention to the various forums and even to Reddit. The first Civ VI patch will be along soon enough, likely within 30 days of initial release.

whyidie likes this.
  17. TruthfulCake

TruthfulCake Prince

When was the first DLC for Civ V anyway? Was it within a month after release?

18. Fred_Bear

Fred_Bear Mutant Koala

Personally I think 3 months for dlc, also for the mod tools. Why,..because that's when the Aztec will be unlocked for all.

19. TruthfulCake

TruthfulCake Prince

Civ BE was released in October 2014, and the first patch it got was December 2014. If they follow the trend, I suppose we will see a patch around next month.

The patch seemed pretty extensive. Plenty of AI/UI change.

20. joncnunn

joncnunn Senior Java Wizard Moderator

Civ V Vanilla had the same pattern:
    Release late September; first patch other than day zero late December and the second in March.

comatosedragon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.