When is science cheap or expensive for the turn rate?

Concept

Chieftain
Here's the concept - sacrificing just a little bit due to inefficiency on the slider bars to make short-term cummalitive goals happen.
In general, when Science is Cheap (based on a good discovery rate), amplify it, make it 60% - putting 30% in Economy and 10% in Psych.
In general, when Science is Expensive (based on a poor discovery rate), prioritize other things, make it 30% - putting 60% in Economy and 10% in Psych.
So, hypothetically, if technology takes longer than x turns to research at a good rate, its expensive; otherwise if you can get it less than x turns, its cheap. I'm guessing x should be an average discovery rate, which is probably always less than ~10 turns per technology discovered during the course of the game, but the real number is probably different from 10 - and it would be interesting to know what that number is.

I never really tinker the energy budget for econ, psych and labs because the game penalises you for doing it, unless you got a democratic social engineering option, which makes it a little more palatable.

Same thing, I don't tinker with that too much. There's always a great use for energy credits, especially when another faction is close to getting a secret project I'm close to finishing, so I can hurry it. So I generally keep it at 50-50 until I'm more mid game and switch 10 to psych from economy in order to manage talents/drones better.

Top Bottom