1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] When is the new patch coming? (according to the experts)

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by qadams, Jun 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. racha

racha Warlord

TBH, people who can't understand that things change in the real world aren't worth Firaxis' time. The ones that complain when timescales change are likely just trolls.

Moderator Action: Referring to other members as trolls is to be a troll. Please do not discuss those that disagree with you in this manner. leif

Personally, I'm a big fan of them both putting out these kinds of updates and the fact that they're holding back until the patch is ready. If only more games companies would take the same approach.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2019
    Kjimmet, smvalentine, Elhoim and 3 others like this.
  2. ghost88

ghost88 Warlord

If only Firaxis would take the same approach to their Vanilla, expansion,and DLC releases, not just their patch releases, we would not be having this discussion because major patches would not be needed.

3. Rajendran_P

Rajendran_P Warlord

The definition of SOON differs among different individuals. As to Firaxis, the definition of SOON has no timeline...only when the patches are ready which maybe be one week or even one month. Would rather they not mention anything until the patches are firm and ready for release ‘SOON’.

4. Boris Gudenuf

Boris Gudenuf Deity

The definition of "SOON" also varies with circumstance: When your date says she'll see you 'soon', she means Never. When your boss asks for something 'soon', they mean Immediately. If you are a dyslexic student of Chinese history, 'Soon' is a Dynasty sometime after the Tang, which is a drink.

5. Craig_Sutter

Craig_Sutter Deity

We need more Era points... sometimes, when I play, that next era stretches RNG to the limit. "Soon' is apparently 1-20 turns yet.

6. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

TBH lack of communication is the best approach normally, people get used to it and it is neither positive or negative.
    Also it is thin end of the wedge. It was a nice surprise when they did but I do not blame them for not.

7. Gloompy

Gloompy Chieftain

We don't know cause they don't know.

acluewithout likes this.
  8. Gorbles

Gorbles Load Balanced

Except that's not how releasing software works. You have to release it, you can't keep pushing it because you find issues, because things will never be released that way. A patch, even a patch as good-looking and comprehensive of this one is an order of magnitude less complicated and even then they're probably still leaving things out that with more time they might possibly be able to address.

And even if they did delay a game for nearly-forever, and release it?

There'd still be bugs. There'd still be issues. That's how many variations of PC hardware and software exist. No company can account for them all. And that's without touching on balance and how it works best in the wild, nomatter how many resources a developer has.

You're looking at something decent - a specific delay for a specific, pro-consumer end goal, and complaining that they don't do it enough. Be happy it happened, instead of assuming things you can't know about a developer's internal processes and how that aligns with those of its publisher.

9. ghost88

ghost88 Warlord

I know I was being tongue in cheek with the quoted poster.

10. Gorbles

Gorbles Load Balanced

My bad then! :)

11. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

I see your point but I'm glad they said "chill and wait a bit" because now I am not checking steam/civfanatics 10 times a day anymore.

Although it would have been nice to get even a loose estimate

acluewithout likes this.
  12. Karmah

Karmah Emperor Supporter

Well, when you see what they get by just having uterred 'soon', you understand their are not going to go any further in communication. I really feel this thread is filled with expression of ungratefulness and entitlement. Not the most glorious moment of civfanatics.com if you ask me.

BlackSmokeDMax and Thibaulthc like this.
  13. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Next week. If not .. later.

The trick with patience is that its directly relative to someone's personality & other state of minds including addiction.

14. Abaxial

Abaxial King

An Irishman and a Spaniard are discussing language, and how it reflects culture.

"For instance," says the Spaniard, "We have the word 'mañana', which literally means 'tomorrow', but actually means 'tomorrow, or the next day, or sometime or other'. Does the Irish language have anything similar?"

The Irishman thinks for a bit. "No, we have no need for a word to convey that degree of urgency."

Josephias, jddods, SirWill90 and 13 others like this.
  15. racha

racha Warlord

^^ Totally a true story.

16. Boris Gudenuf

Boris Gudenuf Deity

Or in Austria, where it is said (mostly in Germany!):

In Berlin (German, Prussian) things may be Serious, but they are never Hopeless.
    In Vienna (Austria) things may be Hopeless, but they are never Serious.

Abaxial likes this.
  17. V. Soma

V. Soma long time civ fan

Kjimmet, jddods and Stilgar08 like this.
  18. qadams

qadams Bohemian

19. DanteMartinez

DanteMartinez Chieftain

20. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Emperor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.