When Montezuma sends a declaration of friendship...

kolpo

Warlord
Build a huge army immediately! Train counters for his eagle warriors and prepare for war!

Just learned this the hard way, luckily was I preparing to attack barbarian camps and did my army kill his without any loses.

He attacked me with four eagle warriors and took my second (undefended) city in one turn.

You can keep him happy but you have to give him all youre luxury resources.. So its either lose amenenties or get atacked

From my experience it's just like it was in Civ 5. If they're near you friendly behavior means nothing.

The Aztecs have just declared a "surprise" war for the third time in that game, nobody else has attacked me in that game. The first 2 times was I content with some gold as compensation, but this time is it personal and must the Aztecs at least lose their capital!

That is just Monty. General rule of thumb, if you see Monty prepare for war. It may take thousands of years, but it WILL happen.

I have been at war with Monty on and off in my game as well but it has been reasonable I think. In fact I kind of started it. Egypt asked me for a Joint War vs Aztec and I agreed because he had just founded a city near my capital in an area I wanted. After taking the city, I made peace with him. Later in the game he declared a re-conquest war against me and showed up with lots of horsemen and even a siege tower. He also got China to join him in a join war against me. Luckily I was able to fight them off.

Really funny thing is that China has hated me the whole game and keeps yelling at me for having more wonders than him. I have exactly one wonder! So that must mean he has not ever built any wonders even though that is his agenda?!? Who knew building Stonehenge would make him my enemy for all of history! :)

IReally funny thing is that China has hated me the whole game and keeps yelling at me for having more wonders than him. I have exactly one wonder! So that must mean he has not ever built any wonders even though that is his agenda?!? Who knew building Stonehenge would make him my enemy for all of history! :)

Qin has a bad case of Henge Envy - it's all those tall standing stones that make his little Terra-cotta Army seem insignificant...

My big diplo problem is asking people not to convert my cities. They agree, hesitate for a few turns, then do it anyway.
Mid to Lategame, it becomes a stream of salmon running into a permanent lightning storm of inquisitors.

unless you are playing as Monty :)
Actually in CIV 6, you can face your own CIV played by the AI. Happened to me many times.

And to add to this thread. Is not only Monty, but Peter (Russia) and the Vikings also. The moment they meet you, three turns later declaring war, and armies are on the way.
Even if you are in an island and he has to cross city states in between.

I have lost quite a few games on turn 20 in Epic & Marathon like that (Immortal difficulty).

Actually in CIV 6, you can face your own CIV played by the AI. Happened to me many times.

And to add to this thread. Is not only Monty, but Peter (Russia) and the Vikings also. The moment they meet you, three turns later declaring war, and armies are on the way.
Even if you are in an island and he has to cross city states in between.

I have lost quite a few games on turn 20 in Epic & Marathon like that (Immortal difficulty).

I learned quickly that walls need to go up asap. Also using my Civ4 strategy of building a unit between buildings until I have sufficient units.

Top Bottom