When should I start letting the AI choose what to build in most of my cities?

Theblade12

Chieftain
Having to go through every city every turn, checking crime and disease, making sure the city won't run out of stuff in the build queue, etc., is really burning me out, with 25 cities in the early ancient era. And it's only going to get worse, since only a bit more than a third of Asia, soon almost all of the Indonesian archipelago, and the middle east belong to me.
Is automating most of that a good idea, or will the AI governor just mess everything up?

I made property watch advisor specially for that.

Drop it to your UserSettings folder in mod.

Also there is no real harm if you waste productivity once a while - I put 5 - 10 buildings in queue.

Attachments

• CustomDomAdv.txt
    29 KB · Views: 133
The governor is overall good, but it does build disease and crime generating buildings you might not want.

I made property watch advisor specially for that.

Drop it to your UserSettings folder in mod.

Also there is no real harm if you waste productivity once a while - I put 5 - 10 buildings in queue.

...Sorry, but how does this advisor work? I've been trying it for a few turns now, checking how it reacts to cities getting positive crime/disease per turn, but it doesn't seem to do anything, as far as I can tell? Doesn't seem to change the normal domestic advisor much, if at all, either. Maybe it's not supposed to be a regular .txt file or something?

Hold alt or ctrl on the regular map and select a city bar. You have now selected multiple cities. The build options is that of the oldest selected city (usually your capital) and you can select/deselect cities while holding shift. Whatever you order will be ordered in all selected cities.
Furthermore, you can select multiple cities in the list in F1 and give orders from there.

i have used the automatic advisor when i have 20+ cities but it likes to build automated traps far to much and also builds siege engine factories and other buildings that give +xp to military units that i normally only build in a few cities that build all of my units. The others have other specialties like building tamed animals, naval units or siege units by splitting those over multiple cities the number of buildings needed per city is reduced.

Top Bottom