When the music's over, turn out the light.

Isn't there a possibility of a sub-forum such as this being needed in DG6? If there is a 2-team game, a private forum (or 2) would be needed. Or are you just talking archiving the posts in this sub-forum and leaving the structure up?

That's what I'm talking about, Emp. Napoleon. All the Demogames have been closed and archived, but the fora structure has remained. I believe it would be good to have a private sub-forum (such as this) available to us.

That could be damaging as we rag on other teams pretty bad, and some people suggested turning on Apolyton.

Goonie said:
That could be damaging as we rag on other teams pretty bad, and some people suggested turning on Apolyton.
Maybe we can archive it but keep the access thingy inplace so that only the people who were in this MSDG can view it.

It could negatively impact on other games.

It is called reputation.

Goonie said:
As I'm sure the other teams have done all of that to us. I'll bet there were a few people at Apolyton who wanted to wipe us out in the early days of the alliance. GCA's forum is probably filled with CFC hate. History is history. Let the civ community read it.

Goonie said:
It could negatively impact on other games.

It is called reputation.

I would agree with Goonie here. The other teams would certanly use what we have here as ammo for the C3C MSDG. Knowing the GCers, they would certanly take advantage of that

Regentman said:
As I'm sure the other teams have done all of that to us. I'll bet there were a few people at Apolyton who wanted to wipe us out in the early days of the alliance. GCA's forum is probably filled with CFC hate. History is history. Let the civ community read it.

Knowing the GCers, They will have a forum chock full of CFC hate. I also bet that they also have some forums that bash and poke fun at me. Since I have seen the sneek preview from Lucky from over at the CDG (I did not post over there on my reaction on that since I dont want to attract any attention from the gamecatchers).

CivGeneral said:
I would agree with Goonie here. The other teams would certanly use what we have here as ammo for the C3C MSDG. Knowing the GCers, they would certanly take advantage of that

Well GCA is already out of the C3C one :) (don't worry, it is on the public forum) :p

Keep 'er open for all to see! Who cares? This game is over, so reputation doesn't mean anything at this point. A new intersite game is going on, a completely different one.

Really, now, the fear that somoene will dig this stuff up and use it against us is irrational at best. There's tons of stuff down here, so finding anything of worth is like pulling a needle out of haystack, especially given this fourm's rather unwieldy Google search. Besides, anyone diving around this forum in the first place, just for the sake of digging up dirt, is pretty unbalanced to begin with.

Octavian X said:
Keep 'er open for all to see! Who cares? This game is over, so reputation doesn't mean anything at this point. A new intersite game is going on, a completely different one.

and you joined APO for the ISDG II, so now poly knows what we said, so no matter if it is open :)

I always did say he was too close to APO :p.

Amen, Goonie. You don't change the winning team. Too bad you did... now you won't get to win the C3C MSDG. :p ;) j/k

IMHO we shouldn't keep this open to all... as some things may have been said which would really hurt our reputation... and I would like to keep it as good as it is.

Top Bottom