1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

When two tribes go to war

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by HappyBuilder, Aug 24, 2011.

1. HappyBuilder

HappyBuilder Chieftain

I know it's common for city states to ask for an established civ to destroy a rival city state for them, but it's far less common to see two city states engaged in centuries long armed conflict. It's probably even less common for both city states to be allied to the same civilization - mine! But that's what I've got with Geneva and Sidon. Despite both being long, long time allies of mine, the two have been fighting with each other for over 100 turns. There's no way for me to tell them to cut it out. I'm fighting a three front war right now and I could use all of their focus on fighting the Arabs. To their credit, they do kill all Arab units in their vacinity - then turn their guns back on each other.

It would be comical if they weren't on my side. Thank goodness the patch stops them from building nuclear weapons.

HB

2. headcase

headcase Limit 1 Facepalm Per Turn

They used to build nukes? :lol:

Without going too deep into diplo, being able to tell allied CSs to offer peace to other CSs\civs would be a good idea.

3. Rex_Mundi

Rex_Mundi Prince

I often see my CS keep a war with my enemies CS, even after I make peace with the enemy.

4. King_Course

King_Course Prince

I so very often accept some civs peacetreaty. And forget to demand he makes peace with my citystate. So I make peace and next turn see him attack my citystate without anything I can do. Will he accept demands? Nooo.

5. headcase

headcase Limit 1 Facepalm Per Turn

In those cases, it is the other civ's choice to make peace. Usually I see them make peace 1-3 turns after I've made peace, but yeah, if a civ likes to fight CSs, I guess they won't always.

Gift units to them. I have heard stories of CSs taking opponents cities!

6. Mercade

Mercade the Counsellor

Given how the war/peace system with CSs works, I'd say it's a bug if you have two CSs battling it out while allied. Were both allied before they started becoming allied? If you have a save, perhaps you should post it in the bug forum.

7. Callonia

Callonia Deity

Well, gift units to one of them, and watch it defeat the opposing city state and you get the benefits of luxuries and resource from defeated city state.

However you lose any kind of support that defeated was giving you. But, if Arabia takes it over, send over your troops and liberate it again. Both city states should be at peace by then.

If you're like me, Gift enough units to both city states to keep them in perpetual war with no advantage won. Just so taht you can have entertainment as you press next turn.

8. BjoernLars

BjoernLars Warlord

I started to sing when I read the title of your thread.

9. buchengshi

buchengshi Warlord

This seems as good a place as any for this pic.

Attached Files:

10. TomMcV

TomMcV Chieftain

Saw this, but it the CSs were allied to Arabia. Both CS were on two peninsulars near my southern border. They kept landing troops in my territory, and then they attacked each other. Turned what could have been a tense situation (as I was alredy committed in the north with most of my forces) into a very easy to manage one. Bless 'em.

11. Deggial

Deggial Emperor

Hell no! Why should this be a bug?

Allow them some life for their own! Why shouldn't they be allied with a major Civ (they can not do anything against this, after all) and hate each other at the same time?

Granted, a situation like the described one is unhandy for the major Civ and beeing forced to witness their never ending fight can be annoying, too.
    But at the same time it is fun to play in a living world where not *everything* is under the players control.

12. apocalypse105

apocalypse105 Deity

At wich dififculty DId you play on? Because I wonder when the City states start atacking and doing someting...

13. qemist

qemist Prince

I've seen it a few times. I had left Siam with two cities and he continues the war against Belgrade. Belgrade took his 2nd city and razed it. Then they made peace. More bizarrely I once saw a CS take a German city and *not* raze it. Rarely one city state conquers another and you get a two city state,

14. Yzman

Yzman Deity

Wait, is half that map city state? How is that even possible without cheating?

15. Yzman

Yzman Deity

Oh wait, that is Korea, I forgot their color.

16. HappyBuilder

HappyBuilder Chieftain

Emperor. Those two city states never made peace. They were going at it with mechanized infantry and rocket launchers. Once the game was in hand, it did get to be pretty funny.

HB