1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

When was the last time you cried?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by kingjoshi, Mar 31, 2006.

1. PrinceOfLeigh

PrinceOfLeigh Wigan, England

Shortly after my girlfriend found out she was pregnant. Not at the exact time we found out because I was trying to reassure her that everything would be fine. It was only after when I was on my own did I start to get quite worried about how to provide did I tear a bit.

It's quite funny how scared I was of someone that I now love so much.

He nearly made me cry when he baby-stamped my groin :cry:

2. The Last Conformist

The Last Conformist Irresistibly Attractive

Last time I wept was the last time I cut onions.

I almost never cry for sorrow - the last time, I believe, was in 1994, when one of my uncles almost died. I sometimes cry for rage, and each and every time I cut onions.

3. anarres

anarres anarchist revolutionary

My last hardcore crying session was after my cousin died, and before that my grandmothers. Not until a few weeks after though, I tend to emotionally close up for a while after something that drastic happens.

My cats dying is also very painful, although I've seen at least 6 or 7 die over the years (we had many cats as kids).

I must admit.... I can be overly emotional at (real) people dying on TV, be it documentaries or news.

To those who say they cried on 9/11: I cried then, and I cry almost every time I hear about deaths in Iraq/Afghanistan. To me they are all senseless deaths. I don't get this "abstraction" crap people talk about with TV... I feel it all. Maybe it's why I'm so anti-war.

4. Rambuchan

Rambuchan The Funky President

My mother once cried whilst watching the news on TV (some soppy crap I can't remember), she regularly does it watching things like Pop Idol or a Cooking competition on TV (when someone she likes wins). She can't say goodbye to people for a long time without blubbing either. Weddings, funerals, christenings, reading the words of Birthday/Mother's Day/Christmas cards - they all do it for her too, without fail.

A few weeks ago, my sister and I squeezed a most shockingly confession out of her. Apparently, my mum, in her lunch breaks from work, goes into places like Clinton Cards. She makes her way to some section like Birthdays, Anniversaries, New babies etc, and spends a quiet section of her lunch break reading the words. And weeping to herself!!! :crazyeye: :lol: :crazyeye: :lol:

Any of you guys have blubbing mums?

5. nonconformist

nonconformist Miserable

I can't remember the last time I seriously cried.

But every year, I get choked up on the VE day celebrations. I don't know why, it always felt very personal to me, maybe because of my nationality, and family history.

6. Bartleby

Bartleby Remembers laughter

I realised that my dispassionate outlook on life had gone too far the day I arrived home from work and found my girlfriend crying in front of the television after Dunblane. Her reaction to my reaction sparked some humanism inside me, but the damage was done to our relationship.

7. Zydiax

Zydiax Chieftain

Last night. I'm very sensitive, and I start crying easily. I'm not sure why.

8. The Last Conformist

The Last Conformist Irresistibly Attractive

My mother weeps very easily. It's a bit incongruent, because she's not otherwise your stereotypical emotional, psychically frail woman, but a quite stable, pragmatic sort.

9. Rik Meleet

Rik Meleet Top predator Retired Moderator

A couple of days ago. When I thought about Anouk Schreuder - a 6 year old girl that died on March 14th 2006 from a braintumor (I think). She is the daught of a Feyenoord football player.
    And then especially the remark of a sports-journalist that stated: "What can you say to such parents. When I ever see her father again I'll walk over to him and say that I hope the day will come soon when their pride for their daughter outweighs their grief".

10. PrinceOfLeigh

Me too. Not necessarily because of family history. My Grandad fought in the war like most people's did but he never talks about anything that upset him (other than some pay he maintains he is owed).

I get choked listening to the stories of the soliders. The lives they left behind and the lives to which they returned. After all they did I feel like the following generations have let them all down.
    My Mum started welling up when Princess Di died. I have no idea why. She had never mentioned admiring her or anything like that before. I didn't understand the national mourning back then and I don't now really. It's a tribute to Di herself in a way I suppose.

11. nonconformist

nonconformist Miserable

When my Colt M1911 .45 ACP jammed on the firing range :(

12. Abaddon

Abaddon Chieftain

dang my x girlfriend did it to me... i have such a complicated relationship with her it makes me feel every single emotion within 5 seconds of seeing her!

13. Jawz II

Jawz II Oh Dear

years ago.
    i actually wish i could, cause its really healthy and cathartic.
    also supposedly it will help against heart diseases if you cry regularly, which is why women dont have many heart attacks as men.

a few weeks ago i had this hellish tooth ache + fever, i was in pretty bad shape, i wanted to cry, but i couldnt.

14. Lotus49

Lotus49 Chieftain

I watched Titanic yesterday, and it makes me bawl like a baby every time. Especially that part near the end... "I'll never let go.... I'll never let go, Jack!" :cry:

Ha. Just kidding. My heart is hard as iron, it takes a hell of a lot to make me cry. I didn't even cry as a young child. Usually, the only thing that EVER makes me shed a tear or two, is when a major bout of depression creeps in, and I start to convince myself my life is a total failure. So, bascially, *I* am the only one that can make me cry. That's like a once a year thing, though - just to get it out of the system.

15. general_kill

general_kill Chieftain

I cried two weeks ago because I was thinking about my family (long story). I don't know why I am so cry easy, first time I watched Forest Gump I cried, first time I got dumped I cried. My mom said I almost never cried as a baby, so I guess I'm making up for it now.

16. PrinceOfLeigh

I was close, luckily it was dark in the cinema so none of the other members of the Rugby team noticed. Unfortunately the same can't be said when one lad took Titanic a little too seriously.

17. Sidhe

Sidhe Chieftain

Films sometimes make me cry, the end of the colour purple, Titanic, One Flew Over the ****oo's Nest.

In real life I've been depressed far too often to feel bad enough to cry, now I don't have to live with that, nothing seems as bad as that was, and I learnt not to cry then, If a close relative died maybe, but I'm far too hard inside to let everyday life bother me that much, sometimes it sucks, sometimes it doesn't, try and make sure it doesn't suck too often and you shouldn't need to cry.

In answer probably the last time I saw a weepy movie, otherwise about 15 years ago probably.

18. Xenocrates

Xenocrates Chieftain

I cry every time I see a post by Mobboss.

19. Jawz II

Jawz II Oh Dear

there there guy, it will be ok.. :lol:

20. Sidhe

Sidhe Chieftain

I don't cry but I certainly am beginning to feel that I should ignore him. Especially after his last patronising foray into the world of demeaning others for his own self agrandizement. This is not how I expect people to behave on a forum. I think more veiled contempt than sadness :) If he would behave himself then maybe I would change my mind. Learning how to debate would be nice too.Totally agree though:goodjob: