When will the Submarine Bug be fixed!?!?

snsfro

Warlord
It has been many months, and many, many patches since the Submarine bug has been noticed in C3C, and despised. I, personally, have had just about enough of the AI declaring war on each other due to poor submarine placement! When will a decent patch come out to address this issue!? Should I just make subs visible again, and ruin all the fun!?

Moderator Action: Watch the language.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

The bug isn't going to be fixed in the upcoming patch- sorry to tell you.

Currently Targeted Items:
Planting Forests not returning shields, AI Pathfinding War Declarations w/ Invisible Units, infinite bombard, Anarchy Limited to 8 turns (weighting the roll for 3-5 turns), Religious requiring only 1 End Turn for gov't switch, Stealth Attack hitpoints listed & canceling possible, Tile Info displaying Terrain Defensive Bonus & ManMade Defensive Bonuses, Bombard Collateral Damage, load popup showing remaining movement points, worker gangs, conquest updates, civilopedia updates

this is from Tavis' sticky thread up top about things they are looking at. so i assume at some point it'll get fixed.

I hope so, really sick of that bug, makes the sub pointless as even when i have a war, my allies always seem to run in to them.

I have to agree that the damn bug is REALLY annoying! I had a MPP with portugal in one of my games, we were the best of friends, till his frigates ran into my sub :(

I hope it gets fixed soon.

Yeah, but how should they fix it. This must require some core reprogramming (I imagine, I'm not an expert), simply because "one civs unit enters into an occupied tile = war". But it would be cool to change this, not only for the invisible units, but because it means you could mod Civ3 so that allies could enter the same squares, e.g. an american infantry unit enters a british occupied tile without going to war, in a ww2 scenario.

Originally posted by sealman
Fix it with a pop up saying

"We just detected an (American) submarine. Should we open fire?"

It should not be that hard to fix since we get a popup when he move into a visible units tile.

You can cancel if you move a unit on a submarine tile. It's just that the AI can't.

I'm testing the "hidden nationality" flag on submarines to see if that works well or if the AI suddenly unleashes huge wolfpacks upon everyone else.

But then you'll know the sub is there. The sub and other invisible units should be able to be in the same square as enemy units without them noticing, you can choose if you want to attack or not.

The subs are underwater, so any unit (Even another sub, different elevations) should be able to sit there without declaring war.

Top Bottom