[R&F] When will you be buying Rise and Fall?

When will you be buying Rise and Fall?

• I'll be buying it at launch.

Votes: 49 17.4%
  • I'm cautiously optimistic. I'll buy it at launch if the reviews are good.

Votes: 16 5.7%
  • I'm distrustful of video game journalism. I'll buy it later on, if the fan reception is good.

Votes: 23 8.2%
  • I'm a cynic. I'll wait for the patches to fix the bugs and balancing issues before buying.

Votes: 22 7.8%
  • I'm strongly displeased with Civ6 or 2K's business model. I'll never buy it.

Votes: 12 4.3%
  • I'm waiting to hear more about it before I make my decision.

Votes: 26 9.3%
  • I'm feeling risky. I'll preorder it.

Votes: 84 29.9%
  • I'm not trying to miss out. I'll preorder it if there's a preorder bonus.

Votes: 49 17.4%

• Total voters

AnonymousSpeed

Pink Plastic Army Man
Answer and discuss.

Moderator Action: Poll edited to delete the "fanboy" slur

Last edited by a moderator:
Biased questions are biased. :p Also where's "pre-order"? ;)

I guess that'd be "at launch."

I won't pre-order unless if they give a pre-order discount, but I basically can't see myself *not* buying it on release. Like, I'm almost 100% certain that I'll want it eventually, so may as well basically buy it on release unless if it really has horrible reviews.

*edit to add: Although as a Canadian, if they announce Canada as a civ, I basically have to go pre-order it then...

I won't pre-order unless if they give a pre-order discount, but I basically can't see myself *not* buying it on release. Like, I'm almost 100% certain that I'll want it eventually, so may as well basically buy it on release unless if it really has horrible reviews.
We‘ll see preview let‘s plays, so we don‘t need to wait for reviews.

Well, that's at least one person buying on launch but not pre-ordering, I'll go add it to the polls.

Updated. Hopefully not too much at anyone's expense, but I couldn't help but put at least something resembling a joke in the pre-order option. A contributor to that is that I don't have the forum savvy to remove the jokes from all the other options as well.

well I'm definitely buying at launch but really you should change the word "fanboy" to "fanatic"

I preordered it mainly because:

1. I already enjoy Civ 6 despite its flaws. 1400 hrs in my record actually speaks for itself.

2. I do not buy too many games. I only have less than 15 games in my Steam account, and I have no plans to buy other titles (yet)

3. Exchange rate for the Philippines is a big deal (our currency is falling) and I got the preorder at almost 1000 Php (21 USD) compared to 29.99 USD as advertised.

4. I will get it anyway because Firaxis is known to improve games through xpac. (I also enjoy XCOM2:WotC than the vanilla)

Edit:
I would be deferring my purchase if I was a Mac user, but thankfully, I am not. But I feel the sentiments of the Mac civ fans.

Last edited:
Depends on when the DLC go on sale for 50% off. My current goal is to play at least one game with every existing civ before buying R&F. But I'm contenting myself with only DLC 6 until they go on sale.

Then again, if a discount of at least 25% on R&F shows up before then (before or after launch), I may give into temptation and buy.

I'm 99% sure I'll buy it eventually, but who knows when.

Last edited:
I'll be reviewing it so I will get it at launch ... unless someone want to send me a review copy wink wink nudge nudge, (not going to happen)

It's not even a little bit risky for me to preorder it. I've basically got an expansion out of the digital deluxe edition and the religion patch, albeit a slightly smaller than normal one, and I've purchased pretty much every bit of content from III on. The series is my favorite pastime, and l would buy it eventually no matter what, so...

As I mentioned in another thread - I will be pre-ordering, and the only reason I haven't yet is that Steam Gift Cards fit perfectly into stockings!
Same reason. That's how I got the DLC's so far anyway.

I am preordering because I know that even if reviews are bad, I will end up buying it to form an opinion for myself,
so I may as well pre-order in the off chance they announce a pre-order bonus, and so i just get it over and done with.

Totally pre-ordering. Even with Vanilla, I've not had so much fun playing civ since Beyond the Sword came out.....and Rise & Fall sounds like many of my longest held Civ dreams are going to come true!

If you buy games on Green Man Gaming, they've sent out a voucher for 20% off of R&F. Not sure what your profile on the site has to look like to qualify. I expect that is close to the highest discount that will be seen for the expansion before it is available.

Top Bottom