[R&F] When will you be buying Rise and Fall?

When will you be buying Rise and Fall?

• I'll be buying it at launch.

Votes: 49 17.4%
  • I'm cautiously optimistic. I'll buy it at launch if the reviews are good.

Votes: 16 5.7%
  • I'm distrustful of video game journalism. I'll buy it later on, if the fan reception is good.

Votes: 23 8.2%
  • I'm a cynic. I'll wait for the patches to fix the bugs and balancing issues before buying.

Votes: 22 7.8%
  • I'm strongly displeased with Civ6 or 2K's business model. I'll never buy it.

Votes: 12 4.3%
  • I'm waiting to hear more about it before I make my decision.

Votes: 26 9.3%
  • I'm feeling risky. I'll preorder it.

Votes: 84 29.9%
  • I'm not trying to miss out. I'll preorder it if there's a preorder bonus.

Votes: 49 17.4%

• Total voters
It's nice to have 8 options, but I still cannot pick one.

My vote goes for:

- I'm going to wait for a discount.

I will definitely buy the expansion sooner or later, but most probably not for the full price.

Last edited:
i'm waiting untill there's a bundle with all the dlcs that already came out being announced.

I'm a cynic and think civ6 launched like a pile of turd so I'll wait and only get it if it's well received, well patched and at a hefty discount.

Where is "Other: I preorder without feeling risky because I love the announced mechanics and I already love the base game"?

To be fair, I can't take anything of this thread and poll seriously if you're not presenting unbiased options in the poll.

Thank you very much.

I like what I've read and seen so far but I'll wait till some reviews here. My faith in the devs is a bit shaken by how they manage to break stuff with each patch and then waiting months to fix it like the alert for units and starting position bug.
And I don’t understand why people already pre-order now when there is no bonus announced or anything. It's not like a digital download is gonna run out of stock... I "pre-ordered" the base game two days before release, just to get the Aztecs.

I'm not preordering on principle, but unless it introduces some horrible bugs I'll probably buy at launch.

And I don’t understand why people already pre-order now when there is no bonus announced or anything. It's not like a digital download is gonna run out of stock...
For me, it's because: 1) I like what I've seen so far, 2) It shows support for the developers, 3) I'd rather purchase it now when I'm flush with Christmas bonuses and year-end dividend payouts rather than wait for next February when I'm getting ready for tax season.

i'm waiting untill there's a bundle with all the dlcs that already came out being announced.
This. I'm sort of holding out for a GOTY edition.

I mean I'll make sure to have it upon release at least, but so far I haven't seen any sort of pre-order bonus or alternative edition (like Digital Deluxe 2.0 maybe) pop up so for the moment I'll just wait a bit. If no sort of discount or bonus ends up showing itself over the course of the next two months or so I'll just pre-order it a week or two before release maybe

I will almost certainly end up buying it at launch, but I won't preorder. In the absence of any discount (which is the only reason I preordered the base game) or bonus, I feel no need to pay for something I haven't really seen in action yet.

If it looks as good after some previews/reviews/reactions as it does now they don't need to worry about getting my launch week sale :lol: - that's supporting the devs enough in my book.

It releases on my birthday and I'm addicted so at launch. :D Also I like what they have announced.
I won't preorder it though because why?

I am not a fan of DLCs.

Unless they change their policy, I won't buy new Civ games. I am frustrated with Civ6, it didn't worth my money. I will stick to Civ4

I will preorder at wherever I get the best discount. I love the game so far and this looks to only make it better. I bought VI on Amazon with a preorder discount [and for those concerned, they don't charge your credit card until the download/ship date]. Just waiting to see whether best deal is Amazon of GMG.

I don't know yet. I ended up getting the deluxe edition as a gift, so even if I bought this, I'm kind of on the plus side. The price per hour played is very good if I'll play even one game with each new civ. If there's a significant preorder bonus, maybe I'll preorder, but I don't really like exclusive preorder bonuses (especially if they make multiplayer incompatible with people who don't have it). Just waiting for more information.

I can see why some people are so reluctant to buy the expansion, since there are many things about the AI and the UI that bother me as well. Like when starting the game, there's this "continue" button without any other option and nothing significant to see, so what's the point? "No, I don't feel like continuing, I'll just leave the game there forever"?

It's on my Steam wish list, if I don't get it for Christmas, I will purchase the pre-order myself.

Despite all the criticism, I like the game so much more than Civ5. Civ5 never felt right to me, but at least it was playable after the expansion packs. In my opinion it wasn't playable before the first expansion pack (I only had 6 hours pre first expansion).

I love this game. I might even be addicted.

I will certainly purchase it at launch unless someone can point to an advantage for pre-order. Not like they're going to run out of stock right?

After some 1200 hours into the game just since August, I may well qualify as an addict. I like the game....alot. Most of the criticisms I have read in this forum I have not experienced, or not found to be so troubling I would stay away. Even without an expansion, I foresee thousands of more hours playing through numerous variations of the game. Its a huge bang for my buck!

Top Bottom