1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] When will you be buying Rise and Fall?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by AnonymousSpeed, Dec 6, 2017.

?

When will you be buying Rise and Fall?

1. I'll be buying it at launch.

49 vote(s)
    17.4%
  2. I'm cautiously optimistic. I'll buy it at launch if the reviews are good.

16 vote(s)
    5.7%
  3. I'm distrustful of video game journalism. I'll buy it later on, if the fan reception is good.

23 vote(s)
    8.2%
  4. I'm a cynic. I'll wait for the patches to fix the bugs and balancing issues before buying.

22 vote(s)
    7.8%
  5. I'm strongly displeased with Civ6 or 2K's business model. I'll never buy it.

12 vote(s)
    4.3%
  6. I'm waiting to hear more about it before I make my decision.

26 vote(s)
    9.3%
  7. I'm feeling risky. I'll preorder it.

84 vote(s)
    29.9%
  8. I'm not trying to miss out. I'll preorder it if there's a preorder bonus.

49 vote(s)
    17.4%
  1. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Chieftain

I don’t know if I should laugh :lol: or cry :(.

Jokes or severe sadness aside, I believe there should be a Mac/Linus option.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    Vandlys likes this.
  2. Vandlys

Vandlys Chieftain

I need a "I will buy it immediately because I want to follow Civilization VI's development cycle and find that entertaining." I mean, if I had waited until the game was polished I never would have seen interesting balance changes, art direction changes, and additions.

sonicmyst likes this.
  3. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Chieftain

We always see game development (and in general, computer programming) as a cycle, or as a journey.

4. Vandlys

Vandlys Chieftain

Yeah but at least five of the answers in the poll are not involving wanting to buy it for witnessing the development cycle.
    1. I'm cautiously optimistic. I'll buy it at launch if the reviews are good.
    2. I'm distrustful of video game journalism. I'll buy it later on, if the fan reception is good.
    3. I'm a cynic. I'll wait for the patches to fix the bugs and balancing issues before buying.
    4. I'm strongly displeased with Civ6 or 2K's business model. I'll never buy it.
    5. I'm waiting to hear more about it before I make my decision.

sonicmyst likes this.
  5. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Chieftain

I agree with your point. Perhaps that kind of mentality is in the minority. Sometimes, gamers want to have their money's worth above from any other reason, which is valid and understandable.

Vandlys likes this.
  6. Vandlys

Vandlys Chieftain

Completely agree. This time I'm along for the ride though, and with 860+ hours so far in Civ VI, I can safely buy all the expansions blindly and still feel I got my money's worth already.

sonicmyst likes this.
  7. liv

liv Warlord

The poll in itself was a little bit sad and not really trying to reflect how people feel. Just make fun of those who voted

8. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

Yea, think I'll pre-order when I get home.

9. DeutschDachs

DeutschDachs Chieftain

I'll be "pre-ordering" so I will receive it on launch day from Amazon. I don't believe a Civ expansion has ever made the game worse so it seems like a pretty safe purchase. Amazon prime will give me 20% off for preordering too so it's really in my favor to do so

10. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

It could mean you get to start playing a minute before everyone else. That minute is precious.

CPWimmer likes this.
  11. DeutschDachs

DeutschDachs Chieftain

I didn't used to, but with Amazon Prime and Green Man Gaming there are often discounts of 20-30% off the retail price if you preorder. If it's a game you're pretty sure you'll be buying regardless, it's a pretty nice savings. Plus you can pre-order until the minute the game comes out and oftentimes reviews will be out by then giving you further confidence in your purchase decision.

12. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

Hah! If the servers don't collapse. :p

I'll probably do that since I got this game from Green Man Gaming in the first place.

13. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Is it available for pre-order on Amazon? I have prime, and got the base game there, but haven't found the expansion there yet.

14. DeutschDachs

DeutschDachs Chieftain

I haven't seen it on there either yet, which is surprising. But Amazon does sell digital keys for games so it would shock me if it doesn't show up before the game's release.

WillowBrook likes this.
  15. Josephias

Josephias Chieftain

Need to know if it will be coming in physical box... then I'll buy at launch. I still like to have my shelf full of the games I'm playing... :)

16. Swissy

Swissy Chieftain

I'll pre-order if I get some sort of bonus or am able to use a discount code at an line game seller like Greenman Gaming. Otherwise,I'll buy it launch day.

17. King Rad

King Rad Chieftain

GMG currently has at least an 18% discount. Amazon is still not showing the game, but it generally includes a 20% discount on pre-orders by Prime members; plus an additional 5% if you use their store card or credit card.

18. DeepKing

DeepKing Chieftain

I'm a Mac user, so I'm sure there's going to be a severe delay of sorts - but I'm definitely buying it as soon as I can. I can't wait.

Ondolindë likes this.
  19. Roxlimn

Roxlimn Chieftain

I already like the new Civs so I'm buying it at launch. I'm a longstanding Civ fan, and I've been through all the Civs and Civ-alikes, and many of the Civ clones. In general, the Civ games have been good enough through the years that I'm perfectly willing to throw money at Firaxis for the forseeable future whenever they release a game or expansion.

I even bought CivBE and Rising Tide and I've enjoyed a few games recently.

sonicmyst likes this.
  20. trev1972

trev1972 Chieftain

As ill definitely buy it eventually - i will pre order if they offer incentives for pre-orders.