1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] When will you be buying Rise and Fall?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by AnonymousSpeed, Dec 6, 2017.

?

When will you be buying Rise and Fall?

1. I'll be buying it at launch.

49 vote(s)
    17.4%
  2. I'm cautiously optimistic. I'll buy it at launch if the reviews are good.

16 vote(s)
    5.7%
  3. I'm distrustful of video game journalism. I'll buy it later on, if the fan reception is good.

23 vote(s)
    8.2%
  4. I'm a cynic. I'll wait for the patches to fix the bugs and balancing issues before buying.

22 vote(s)
    7.8%
  5. I'm strongly displeased with Civ6 or 2K's business model. I'll never buy it.

12 vote(s)
    4.3%
  6. I'm waiting to hear more about it before I make my decision.

26 vote(s)
    9.3%
  7. I'm feeling risky. I'll preorder it.

84 vote(s)
    29.9%
  8. I'm not trying to miss out. I'll preorder it if there's a preorder bonus.

49 vote(s)
    17.4%
  1. Giskler

Giskler +1 Sleuthing

Where's the "I bought it the second it was announced" option?

Siptah and Thormodr like this.
  2. Thormodr

Thormodr Servant of Civ Supporter

Bought it for a birthday present for myself. So, a preorder for me. There is enough engaging stuff in it to get me excited and most of all, the Mongols. :love:

ChocolateShake likes this.
  3. ChocolateShake

ChocolateShake Prince

Listening to the Mongolian music while plotting an invasion of a large empire... like a beautiful dream :D

Thormodr likes this.
  4. Thormodr

Thormodr Servant of Civ Supporter

It’s amazing stuff. I’m so happy that my favourite Civ will have such awesome music. It sounds just like cavalry galloping across the steppe and the throat singers....Oh my!

Can’t wait! :love:

ChocolateShake likes this.
  5. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

I still haven't gotten around to pre-ordering it, if they had some incentives to do so, I would have already done so. I'll buy it some time before Feb 8.

Thormodr likes this.
  6. pgm123

pgm123 Emperor

Are there any sales from reliable websites?

7. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

I was going to wait, but when it was on sale at GMG a few weeks ago I figured that was a better sale than it'd be on steam anytime soon, so bought it then.

8. Cagarustus

Cagarustus Prince

I think I’ll wait until I read the patch notes before buying just to see what’s included and/or what to expect. Assuming a patch will come with the expansion.

9. BornInTheLoo

BornInTheLoo Warlord

Where’s the “I’m waiting for it to be bundled with the next expansion in a Steam Sale in 2020?” option?

10. King Rad

King Rad Warlord

GMG just sent out an email with 25% off R&G good until 23:59 on Feb. 9. I actually pre-ordered it a few weeks ago at about 23% off as it didn't seem to be getting any cheaper and I didn't want to let that chance expire. So I could have saved about sixty cents if I'd waited. Guess I can live with that.

11. Duuk

Duuk Doom-Sayer Supporter

I ordered it from them when they first announced, I believe it was 15% off. This is the 2nd time they've offered 25% since then. I'm a little annoyed.

Has anyone received their Steam key from GMG yet?

Side note: 0/10, would never order from them again.

Edit: It's not the $3 I care about. It's the optics that they're fine with screwing people that buy early from them. I don't do business with companies that lack morals.

King Rad and ChocolateShake like this.
  12. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I pre-ordered a few hours ago.

Thormodr likes this.
  13. rastak

rastak Emperor

I bought two copies in late Dec and one last week for my son-in-law.

14. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

I bought it yesterday. Would have bought it earlier had there been any bonuses. Just want to make sure everything is ready to download tomorrow night.

15. Esperr

Esperr King

I refuse to preorder any products unless i know they a...

Oh dear. There i go pre-ordering again.

16. kingchris20

kingchris20 Wisdom Seeker

Resident of Heaven; Currently in the Waiting Room
    For those preordering from GMG, I haven’t got a key yet......so I don’t know if playing at midnight will be an option.... course I may be looking for it too soon...

17. Kizo

Kizo Chieftain

Every time I've ever pre-ordered from GMG, I receive the email with the key at time of release, not sooner.

18. Uberfrog

Uberfrog Deity

Yep, despite voting for "cautiously buy at launch", I instead not-so-cautiously pre-ordered it with that 25% GMG discount a few weeks ago. I figured it probably won't go any cheaper than that within the first six months, and I'd be damned if I was going to spend more when I inevitably caved after launch anyway. :lol:

Duuk and DeutschDachs like this.
  19. DeutschDachs

DeutschDachs Emperor

I got it earlier for Vanilla but they made preloads available for Vanilla so that probably makes sense.

With no preloads available for Rise and Fall I wouldn't expect the codes to be released before midnight EST

20. earlc

earlc Warlord

I preordered it around halfway through the new civs announcements. Aside from possibly money and if you're for some reason deeply unhappy with the game but still post here, I don't see why you wouldn't. People tend to have games in their library they've never even played (I became guilty of this recently now that I work an overtime-every-day job), so I see no harm in pre-ordering a game I'm pretty much guaranteed to play for 100+ hours and get at least some enjoyment out of.

If it somehow flops it'd make me hesitant to buy any future releases, so uh, I guess that would be punishment enough. Not like Firaxis is Bethesda and will put out some pathetic money-grab like Fallout4+DLC or anything...

Thormodr likes this.