1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

When you are bounced into war

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Abaxial, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Abaxial

Abaxial Chieftain

I always dislike those moments when an AI pops up and complains about your units on his border, and you have to promise to withdraw them (which may be difficult, depending on the map) or declare war there and then. If you do declare war, what happens if you have one or more CB? Do you get the lowest warmonger penalty or the highest?

2. AriochIV

AriochIV Analyst

If war is imminent and he does this, just choose the "ignore" option.

3. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Warlord

You get the highest penalty, pretty sure it counts as a surprise war.

4. Tacgnol

Tacgnol Chieftain

This is the most annoying request ever...because yeah, if you're going to invade, you're gonna want to ignore it and use a CB (thought it was a Formal War, didn't realize it still counts as a surprise war if you're admitting you're planning to invade...)

But if you're not gonna invade, most likely, you're moving troops near their border because you're fighting off some other threat, and you can't just move them away. So you're stuck with a diplomatic penalty, either you ignore and take the hit then, or you promise to move and you better win the battle and have no other threats anywhere near by because if even a single unit remains anywhere even close to their borders it counts as breaking the promise... A 2 tile margin would be one thing but 4 tiles, it's like, you need to redeploy your entire army just because you had to walk near their borders to get somewhere, it's just so annoying.

5. Dragabond

Dragabond Chieftain

What irritates me most about the troop-border warning is that it is exclusive to the AI. Players can't offer up the same warning to try and flout the AI's (painfully obvious) attempts to move their troops into position before declaring war. I enjoyed yelling at people to move their troops in earlier Civ titles. Especially with the new Retribution casus belli, I'd like access to a broken promise that the AI now has and I don't.

Ondolindë likes this.
  6. Craig_Sutter

Craig_Sutter Chieftain

I have had the border warning a couple of times... then made an alliance. Still got breaking promise penalty while allied.

7. dexters

dexters Gods & Emperors Supporter

You can just ignore it and incur no penalty. The AI will dislike you for it, but if you're going to war anyways, why lie to them?

8. Craig_Sutter

Craig_Sutter Chieftain

I was hoping to play an alliance game... I do not intend to declare war on anyone, and would like to maintain my alliances, in this case a level 2 cultural alliance.

9. halfhalfharp

halfhalfharp Chieftain

I wonder... can we players do the same thing to the AIs? It seems to be an unfair promise.