1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Where are Boer and Belgian color schemes defined?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Gyra Solune, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Gyra Solune

Gyra Solune King

In the files for Brave New World and the Scramble for Africa scenario, I cannot for the life of me find out exactly where the colors for Belgium and the Boers are actually set. Does anybody know which file actually contains this information? I require a fair bit of precision on this, and just taking screenshots from the game and sampling the colors brings about inaccuracies.

2. joncnunn

joncnunn Senior Java Wizard Moderator

Don't know, it sounds like something those in Creation & Customization might have a better idea of.

3. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

It's defeniately not in the NewCivilizations or TechTreeUpdate

I think it may be done with SQL or LUA instead.

4. Gyra Solune

Gyra Solune King

Well, it seems it's not defined in the actual scenario, nor in the Brave New World files overall, after I searched every one of them possible. I think they are somehow drawing from predefined color keys or something that I cannot seem to find.

This is really bizarre.

5. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

You might get more feedback from the modding community.

Moderator Action: Thread moved to Creation & Customization forum.

6. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Boers and Belgium use, according to the database, the American and Brazil scheme. But these are nowhere updated to change the specific colour values, as far as I can tell. This is a mystery indeed!

7. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

Scenarios define the player colours via the scenario data associated with the .civ5map - so you'll need to use WorldBuilder to open the RandomAfrica.Civ5Map file and then open the Scenario Editor

Belgium (Brazil) is using PLAYERCOLOR_YELLOW
    Boers (America) is using PLAYERCOLOR_DARK_INDIGO

8. Gyra Solune

Gyra Solune King

Hmmm, that's weird, most scenarios just have an XML file that gives the RGB values. I figured it might be something to do with default pre-assigned values somewhere in the game but I was not certain. Guess I have to look for where those specific things are defined! I have a slight idea where, though. Still, that only seems to be defining the icon color and not the background, hmmm...

E: Yup, it is as I suspected. Along with where the base game defines the original civilizations, it has a series of preset color schemes using other preset colors. How bizarre, I'm reasonably sure these are used nowhere else in the game...possibly it is what happens if you select more civilizations to be in a game than exist in the files? Like if say, you used the 61 Civs DLL without any other mod civs existing and just used some duplicates.

But yes, thank you for the aid!

9. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

Player colours define tuplets of colours - primary (usually foreground), secondary (usually background) and text

10. Klisz

Klisz King

I see now that you found them, but just as a note for the future, it can be a lot easier to open My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/cache/Civ5DebugDatabase.db with SQLiteSpy or a similar program rather than digging through the XML files.