1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Where are Pacts of Co-operation and secrecy?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Mr. Sulu, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Mr. Sulu

Mr. Sulu Liberal Democrat

I know Pacts of Co-operation and secrecy are part of the game, but every time I play the game, (I've logged about 190 hours) I never see a single one, and i've won at least 20 times. Also, are these pacts only available to be asked by the the AI, because I can't offer them to the AI. By the way, I play the game on a Intel Mac with Steam. Please respond:confused:

2. Mods

Mods Warlord

They got removed and got replaced with denouncing and declarations of friendship

3. M_Sparkle

M_Sparkle Chieftain

I quite liked pacts of secrecy they added a little depth and interest, any thoughts?

4. UrbanX

UrbanX Absolute Monarch

to what? diplomacy? well they could have, but it really wasn't implemented well, or at all actually which is probably why they scratched it, I'm guessing:undecide:

5. TPQ

TPQ Cogito Ergo Civ

Yeah, they're long gone. Did we ever discover what they actually did anyway?

6. M_Sparkle

M_Sparkle Chieftain

Yh there implementation sucked but the idea was great it really fitted in with the decete aspect of the ai

7. apocalypse105

apocalypse105 Deity

Same as denouncing ids good but bad implentation

8. Mr. Sulu

Mr. Sulu Liberal Democrat

Well, I got the game about about 5 months after it came out, so I guess one of the patches changed it?

9. bryanw1995

bryanw1995 Emperor

Yes, several patches ago they removed these, iirc it was the december patch. As stated, we now have pact of friendship and denouncing instead.