Where are the donated cities?

Commander Bello

Say No 2 Net Validations
If my memory serves me right, prior to the release it was said that far away cities could become so expansive or hard to hold due to the cultural influence, that the AI would eventually offer them to other players.

Did anybody ever experience this feature?

I remember that one! Flipped a few cities by cultural dominance, given a few conquered ones to a 3rd party to bolster him/her strategically, taken a couple as part of a peace settlement -

Never, ever had an AI offer me a city in negotiations!

In Civ3 it was actually better, in that if you were clobbering a civ, you could demand a city or two to stop the war. Like you say, I have yet to see another civ, no matter how overmatched, give up a city or offer up a city for peace.

remeber in civ2 playing on difficult levels just made you so much ferther bihind in tech and city amoants..did a custom game same set up put myself in the stone age everyone else in the middle ages.Early in the game started taking cities with some key resorces trying to make some extra money to trade for techs anyway picked on somebody to big and next thing i knew had a massive army on my doorstep I think it was the aztec popped up asked fo a cease fire in return i would have to give them one of the cities that i just took and some gold.In the same game I also did the same thing to another civ that had taken one of my cities and they agreed

I've managed to get hold of a few cities before through diplomacy...

I conquered everyone on my continent and when taking the last city, I was a few % of a Domination victory. This was on a large map on Noble, so I went for peace and the AI agreed to give up two cities for it that were on an island it had settled on.

Had to then crank up my Culture slider and got a victory few turns before game end. :D (I play for fun, not as fast a win as possible :p)

This isn't exactly what the OP asked for, but it does show AIs do give up cities.

wotan321 said:
In Civ3 it was actually better, in that if you were clobbering a civ, you could demand a city or two to stop the war. Like you say, I have yet to see another civ, no matter how overmatched, give up a city or offer up a city for peace.

It's supposed to be like this in Civ4 as well, but no AI civ ever does it.

Commander Bello said:
If my memory serves me right, prior to the release it was said that far away cities could become so expansive or hard to hold due to the cultural influence, that the AI would eventually offer them to other players.

Did anybody ever experience this feature?

every once in a while i had a city near my borders asking to join my civilization
was quite nice if i really needed this city but didn't want to open a war.:cool:

GIDS888 said:
Never, ever had an AI offer me a city in negotiations!

i don't know why is that possible since, NEVER has the AI player has even accpeted to trade one of his countries - even to RECIVE a country free of charge he didn't accpet to take!

chef pablo said:
remeber in civ2 playing on difficult levels just made you so much ferther bihind in tech and city amoants..did a custom game same set up put myself in the stone age everyone else in the middle ages.Early in the game started taking cities with some key resorces trying to make some extra money to trade for techs anyway picked on somebody to big and next thing i knew had a massive army on my doorstep I think it was the aztec popped up asked fo a cease fire in return i would have to give them one of the cities that i just took and some gold.In the same game I also did the same thing to another civ that had taken one of my cities and they agreed

i never knew that it existed in Civ II - on the manual of Civ III they said it's a new feature!

sorry for the confusion but this was a current civ 4 game just got nastalgic about playing civ 2 and set it up same way.

Top Bottom