1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Where are the naval barbarians?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Dearmad, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Dearmad

Dearmad Dead weight

I have not seen a single RED SHIP in the game... seas need to be more dangerous.

2. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Warlord

I have. Not many, but I have seen them.

3. liv

liv Emperor

They are there. Coastal camps spawn boats like before I think

4. BigChiefLizzy

BigChiefLizzy Warlord

My Aztec caravel has been sheltering in Philadelphia harbor for more than 10 turns, got jumped by 2 barb caravels, then only a promotion saved it, after I killed one the second was killed by the city and then a third showed up. Glad I was able to get an open borders agreement with Teddy. Prince level though, the AI civs are struggling against the barbarian swarm on land and at sea. It's only me and the city states that are trying to hold them back :)

5. Dearmad

Dearmad Dead weight

Ok good to know. Oh! I finally saw my first one today!

I like barbarian action. Can't wait for raging setting to be added!

6. drubell

drubell Prince

I've seen them.

So funny story, in a game I finished India was at war with Spain, but the only way for India to get to Spain was through the.ocean. But between them were at least three barb ships hanging out between them. So does Gandhi send ships to kill the barb ships? Nope, he sends land units in the water to be murdered by the barb ships.

Over and over again, for almost 100 turns.

Maaaybe the AI shouldn't do that.

7. Atossa

Atossa Chieftain

In my first game, I encountered a barbarian camp which was spawning quinqueremes instead of land units. I lost a wounded scout to one because I hadn't realized they could attack on land. :crazyeye:

8. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

I lost a harbor to a barbarian. never again. I park my ships on my harbors now.

Most of them are coastal ships, but occasionally you see ocean going ships like caravels.

I saw quite a few in my game. I even captured a barbarian captured settler, only to have it recaptured and my scout destroyed.

9. Thorn

Thorn King

I see plenty when I play the island map.

10. Tavenier

Tavenier King

I love the new barbarians. Really give you a way harder time then before. There are ess barbarian ships, which I find good. Before t was sometimeshardly worth it to build expensive work boats. I love how the new barbarian are smarter and that you as a player are more limited. I mean that you cant move to a hill or forest with your last movement point and that a promotion cost you your whole turn. Really matters in the early game.

11. baboon

baboon Warlord

I encountered so many barbarian ships I couldn't even explore the world well..

12. jozef57

jozef57 Warlord

at my first game now 1800 no sea barbs yet...