Where can I get this game?

Amazon.com, or any gamestore should have it (just call around), or as a download from galciv2.com directly.

I got mine from Best Buy but they ran out of them shortly later. You can keep checking with them or go to bestbuy.com and enter your zip code and it will tell you what store has them in stock.

I'm still learning but from what I've seen so far it's an awesome game and well worth getting.

You can purchase and download direct from Stardock and be playing in minutes! You have the option of them sending you a CD in addition to the online download.

http://www.galciv2.com/

I got mine at CompUSA.

I heard that Walmart was a major retailer, although I would download before I went there.

oldStatesman said:
You can purchase and download direct from Stardock and be playing in minutes! You have the option of them sending you a CD in addition to the online download.

http://www.galciv2.com/

I STRONGLY recommend you to follow his advice !
DO NOT NEVER AT ALL COSTS buy the retail cased version !
i have made that mistake, my serial is bugged, so i can't download patchs, and believe me you will not appreciate playing with tons of nasty bugs.

luckynick said:
I STRONGLY recommend you to follow his advice !
DO NOT NEVER AT ALL COSTS buy the retail cased version !
i have made that mistake, my serial is bugged, so i can't download patchs, and believe me you will not appreciate playing with tons of nasty bugs.

That's odd. I bought the retail version and I'm able to update it fine.

In terms of finding the game, gamestop.com/ebgames.com have a nice "check store availability" feature that'll tell you if they have some copies in stock (although calling ahead is probably advisable).

I bought my copy at Best Buy on few days ago they still had 2 copies of the Collectors Edition left (same price as Reg. Version!?!?!?) so I got lucky. I have had no problems with updating or running the game. Great Game!!!!! :goodjob:

I've been pouring over the website, their forum and ours for a couple of weeks just deciding whether or not to get the game. I finally gave it the nod and then much to my dismay, I couldn't find it anywhere even remotely close to me in the Houston area (kind of a big area really). So just as I was going to break down and order it through the mail, a friend of mine called and said a Walmart, wayyyyy out in no man's land ( which to me means at least one mile beyond the city limit), had a couple copies of the Collector Edition. Sweet...:D

Once I finish up my current Civ game (I mean really, China has been asking me to invade them for centuries...), I'll install the game tomorrow. I generally like installing games when my head isn't banging into the keyboard from exhaustion. ;)

smjjames said:
yea, I'm thinking of getting the game for my B-Day which is on June 2nd.

I don't think that I could have held out that long! Happy very early birthday by the way... mine happens to be the day after.

Top Bottom