Where did my state names go? :(

Iceciro

Special Ability: Decimate
My state names are missing from the scoreboard. I really liked them for that extra bit of flavor. I've got no idea how to get them back - this is even including a fresh reinstall and patch up to B.

not just you. They've been broken since the inceptionof 0.51

I'm not sure the rest of the team is even aware, actually. I kept meaning to mention it, but forgot.

It's definitely not caused by the state names option in the ini, which defaults to on

This is awful. I can't even remember what my state is called now >_<

Interestingly enough, if you pay close attention when a civ switches from one civic to another that would cause a name change, it is displayed in the news text at the top of the screen, even though as Iceciro said, they are sadly missing on the scoreboard text.

I was wondering this myself. Great sorrows!

If you hover over your civilization banner, it should tell you the state name (I think) seem to remember something showing it.

Are we going to get these showing up again in patch C? I just wanna make sure they're brought to attention.

Losing flavor bites big wind.

They show up just fine in my version, so should work fine next release (though I don't remember doing anything to "fix": them, so should work fine in last release as well)

I'm testing with internal revision 705 right now. They're not working.

Perhaps your personal version has fixes you haven't committed ?

-THIS- is why I necroposted this thread up :) I've heard Xien say it's working on his, but it's totally not for anyone else I'd heard of!

So, I noticed a file that was missing from 51 that was in 50.

"Fall Further Options"

With only this inside:
"[Score Board]# Show State Names instead of Player Names in the Score Board UseStateName = 1"

I copied it from my 50 folder to my 51, loaded up, and there was glorious "Balseraph Tribe".

That would explain why my internal works and doesn't show differences when compared with the release version :) I don't compare files that far out in the folder structure, and I maintain a permanent separate folder. Lovely catch timelord89 :D

Top Bottom