1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Where did the Peace go?

Discussion in 'CivBE - Strategy & Tips' started by Whiterussian, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Whiterussian

Whiterussian Warlord

I played two games since the new Patch. In both of them i had 1 respectively 2 neighbours DOW me pretty early in the game (<60turns).
    In both games there was no way i could ever make peace with any of them again.
    Is that normal??
    Because in the second game practically all my trade routes where blocked because of the enemy citys.

I tryed everything i could think of. Take some of the citys. Take all of theyr citys. Surround capitol with huge army. I even had everyone else on the map DOW them as well. The AI regularly made war and peace among themselfs. But never with me :(

2. FaceUnderMask

FaceUnderMask Warlord

It is an unconfirmed bug. Thought to happen only on double-DOWs. Completely (no cities left, sponsor becomes abscent on diplomacy list) eradicating one of them should help to get a peace deal out of the other.

3. ZHONN

ZHONN Chieftain

That happened to me too. It is annoying. Hopefully they'll patch it up soon enough.

4. TLHeart

TLHeart King

Have to fight both factions, until you get the one who asked the other faction to join in against you to surrender... No way to know which one it is, so destroy their military, pretty easy at that stage, take a city, and ask for peace, probable get told no, rinse and repeat with the other faction... get peace. If that does not work, free developed cities...

5. Lord Yanaek

Lord Yanaek Emperor

It won't work as far as my tests can tell. You really have to annihilate one civilization to get the other one to even accept to talk about peace. And BTW you can probably abuse this too, in every game where i was asked by an AI to join in a war against another one, i could make peace with the AI but the other AI would stay at war till the end of the game.

I sure would appreciate if Firaxis would at least tell us they are trying to investigate the issue :huh:

This is the bug report i made in case you want to add your own comments
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=539353

6. Promethian

Promethian Warlord

I am finding it annoying because any time I have borders with two other factions if I do not declare war with one or lead one of them into a war with a different neighbor they almost inevitably double DoW me.

7. stormtrooper412

stormtrooper412 Peacemongering Turtlesaur

and it will go on forever and they will ask for your cities even though a shot hasn't been fired in 20+ turns

8. Anomandaris

Anomandaris Chieftain

Really? When such a thing happens to me, they never try diplomacy with me and say things like "Have you come to beg for mercy" when I try (for fun) while I am razing their captured cities and rolling toward the last one left standing. It is quite funny to hear that on one turn and "Our widows cry, our children weep" the very next turn. I hadn't linked this strangeness to the double DoW, thanks for pointing it out.

9. RealHuhn

RealHuhn Emperor

This happened to me as well after a double DOW.

10. Whiterussian

Whiterussian Warlord

OK, thanks. Pretty annoying and kind of game breaking for me. Guess we will have to wait another month or two for the next patch.

11. RakeWorm

RakeWorm Chieftain

What a random bug. And what a nuisance.

12. DarkestOnion

DarkestOnion Prince

I do not agree that there is a bug that causes this every time that it occurs. The AI seems to compare your forces and their forces mathematically to determine the possibility and price for a Peace Treaty. I have found that wiping out all of their units and reducing one of their cities to zero defense and offering peace works most of the time.

13. PonderThis

PonderThis Chieftain

This has also happened to me. Two civs DOW me. Civ A has two cities including the capital, Civ B has three. I take a city from Civ B, and the "Negotiate Peace" button is disabled so I go and take a city from Civ A. Still no Peace. Meanwhile Civ B has established a new base on the far side that I can't get to, so I take their other established base, then their capital, and still I can't negotiate peace with either civ. So I wipe out Civ B altogether and then and only then can I negotiate peace with Civ A. And of course by this time the rest of the planet hates me because I'm a warmonger. Naturally.

14. Whiterussian

Whiterussian Warlord

@Darkestonion
    I came to the point where i killed every unit the AI had, took every city, except capitol and reduced the city defence of the capitol to zero. Still he had no interest in a Peace treaty. How do you explain that?

I am not Saying this happens EVERY time. I played three games since the patch and it DID happen in the first two games. Third game no one DOW'd me at all.
    Before the patch i did not play because i have a 144hz monitor

Haven't played since then. I am just to dissapointed and frustrated with Firaxis or the hole gaming industrie. I just can't understand why it has become "Normal" to release a game broken (Civ BE, Far Cry 4, AC Unity just to name the last ones). And then having to wait months and months (in the case of Civ BE others at least have the decency to make quick patches) and or even have to pay for a couple of expansions and DLC's to actually have a good finished game.
    I am probably just getting to old for this

15. _BRAZILVICTORY_

_BRAZILVICTORY_ Chieftain

this happened to me as well. I was in a war with basically all of the map for the entire game because of alliances.:D:D