Where do I manually install a mod?

Roland787

Chieftain
For reasons I'm sure many others understand, I just prefer not using steam, however I am not that familiar with modding so am just wanting to know how do I install them once i download the zip (or whatever kinda file). Which folder do I put them in within the Program Files location, and is there anything else I need to know? Different kinds of mods need to be put in different folders, such as Maps, Units, UI, Sponsors etc.?

Thank you guys very much in advance.

Mods should not go in "Program Files" at all, but instead in your "My Documents" folder.

default location (in windows) is "User\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth\MODS\"

Just unzipping the mod to that folder should be enough, no need to worry about whether it's a map, sponsor, total conversion, or whatever.

EDIT: You may also find it useful to know that a .CivBEmod file is actually a .7z file with a renamed file extension, and can be opened with 7-Zip like any other compresed folder.

Mods should not go in "Program Files" at all, but instead in your "My Documents" folder.

default location (in windows) is "User\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth\MODS\"

Just unzipping the mod to that folder should be enough, no need to worry about whether it's a map, sponsor, total conversion, or whatever.

EDIT: You may also find it useful to know that a .CivBEmod file is actually a .7z file with a renamed file extension, and can be opened with 7-Zip like any other compresed folder.

Thank you oh so very much!!

Top Bottom