Where do Python files go in the latest BAT?

OnmyojiOmn

Prince
I just grabbed a new copy from SVN, and it's not clear where to add Python files from other mods in the new folder hierarchy, assuming that's possible. I used to play with things like Bhruic's supplementary patch (the files that didn't exist in BAT, anyway) and JKP's events mod added in, so I figured I'd throw in the modified CvInfoScreen.py included with Solver's 3.17 patch. Can/should I do that? Where does the file go?

Thanks

Edit: I took another look, and I'm guessing BUG isn't included with BAT any more, at least from SVN? Do I need to copy files from BUG into BAT, or something like that?

BAT hasn't been made completely compatible with the new BUG Format, but it shoudl still work alright if you copy the CustomAssets Folder, and the new BUG Mod.INI file into the BAT Mod directory. Rename CustomAssets into Assets, and that should work. I'm not sure where the CVInfoScreen.py file will go. Will need to check solvers docs for that.

If you grabbed the latest copy of BUG from SVN, I have included a fix for CvInfoScreen.py, so no need to add in Solver's version. You can, however, add in Solver's DLL to the Assets directory.

I'm getting a consistant crash on the attached save, if using BAT008a, then extracting Bug 230 over it (assets -> assets, moving bug.ini to bat.ini).

Note that the game was _created_ using a bat mod that included the BetterAI DLL as well; I assume that doesn't impact the save file, but could be wrong :)

Just hit enter to witness.

Attachments

• AutoSave_BC-3625.CivBeyondSwordSave
    63 KB · Views: 72
I get a crash as well, but on startup. I don't even get to end the turn. Was this created with a 3.17 game? I'm running 3.13 to ensure that BUG remains compatible with 3.13. Therefore, I cannot test it with Better BTS AI which requires 3.17.

Note that BAT has not been updated for 3.17 yet.

I was (mis)reading the initial message as implicitly saying that BAT worked with 3.17. Wishful thinking I guess :-/

Well, if it gives you any incentive, I consider the lack of BAT close to enough reason to downgrade to 3.13.

I'm still running 3.13 with Bhruic's patch. I would say 3.17 is not a "must have" unless you really want the "No Espionage" option.

This is not to say we won't make BAT work for 3.17. It's just that it was easy to make BUG work with both. BAT will require two different versions -- quite a lot more work.

Top Bottom