1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Where Do Trades Resources Go ?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by norse, Oct 7, 2007.

1. norse

norse Chieftain

I have been playing for a long time. I play for fun mostly, and despite my long affair with the game, I far from being a rules and concept guru. I have always wondered where, specifically, do resources that I receive in trade from another civ go? Do they go to each city, my capitol city, etc.?

A basic question, I know. And the answer might be simple, but alas it escapes me.

Thanks for any info.

2. weasel77066

weasel77066 Chieftain

Trade resources come into your country through your capitol.. (figuratively speaking) Any of your cities that are connected with your capitol via trade routes will have access to that resource.

3. Gooblah

Gooblah Heh...

Yoopers.
    Basically, any resource can be hooked up to a trade network by roads, coastline, or rivers. Building a road from resource improvement to city is usually easier, since roads are needed anyways. If the city the resource is connected to has 3 yellow arrows forming a triangle above the city name, then the city is connected to the capital. All cities connected to the capital will share that resource.

4. norse

norse Chieftain

Thanks fellas. I kinda' thought that was the case, but you both have verified it.:)