Where do we submit the save/replay?

syneris

Chieftain
All the link's i've found for submiting GOTM are for civ3. Is there one ready for civ4 gotm yet?

Firaxis score will be used this time around at least.

Jason is not relevant in its present form, and we don't have enough experience of Civ4 scoring yet to judge whether we need to create a new version of Jason for it.

The submission form has already been fed with a couple of submissions.

Well I'm embarrassed to say I finished the game already. :D What can I say Civ4 is fun and so is the GOTM. But anyway when I uploaded my save I got a blank gray screen with the words "Failed to insert submitted record". I don't know what that means. Should I resubmit? Wait a few days? Or what?

Shillen said:
... when I uploaded my save I got a blank gray screen with the words "Failed to insert submitted record". ...
I got the same error. I went ahead and e-mailed it per the instructions at the bottom of the page. Let me know if I need to try resubmitting.

Shillen said:
Well I'm embarrassed to say I finished the game already. :D What can I say Civ4 is fun and so is the GOTM. But anyway when I uploaded my save I got a blank gray screen with the words "Failed to insert submitted record". I don't know what that means. Should I resubmit? Wait a few days? Or what?

Your save was submitted OK .. twice :). This was a stoopid error and I've fixed it. Anyone who had the error should ignore it, as it's lying :blush:.

syneris said:
Is "final score" on the submit page the game score or victory score?
Victory score ... if you win :)

Haven't checked all the threads here but did I miss it or hasn't the release of GOTM-save1 :)
for Civ4 been announced on the main-page yet???

Furthermore the submission respectively GOTM-page for civ4 is not shown on the main page leftside or when checking the site-navigation on top of the forum-pages... (where all the other parts of civ4 are shown (sorry, I'm not an english mother-tongue but I hope you know what I mean)

If you go the the GOTM home page You will see that the right hand column is now devoted to Civ4 GOTM. Currently it only contains a link to the Rome game page and one to the submission page. As they become relevant the results and other pages will be linked there, and that column will also link to completed games. It seemed a better ideal to use that column instead of trying to make the left hand column handle all the games.

Over the next week or three I shall try to resolve some remaining design issues I have with the new format with Civ4 to the right, and then all the existing pages will move to it.

Ok, but that's not what I meant. ;)
I meant when you go to www.civfanatics.com you don't see the GOTM-link (the link to the GOTM-site) in the sidebar concerning civ4. And the site-navigation I mentioned in addition ( the one on top of this page for example...
Furthermore am I right that this Civ4-GOTM-No.1 hasn't been announced on www.civfanatics.com?

Thanks for raising these points. All part of the growing pains, I guess :blush:

No problem really and of course you're very welcome! :) You guys do a great job and it's just natural that right now with all the busy starting some things slip through! :)

I was wondering what you submit? A save from last turn? or replay,

Also how do you submit it?

The main GOTM web site has a link in the right hand column to the submission page. That page has full details of what's required. Basically you give us the score, date, victory or defeat condition, and upload your Civ4SavedGame and Civ4Replay files for the turn after the victory/defeat is announced.

Sorry for being a n00b, but what's this replay-thingy?

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out :)

Top Bottom