Where do you live?

Originally posted by Alone
Between Taurunum (old Roman name for present Zemun - which is today suburb of Belgrade ) and Singidunum (old Roman name for Belgrade ). So i'm living between centrum of Belgrade city and Zemun in a part called Novi Beograd.
It's real precise, I think;) .

Belgrade? Cool. What's the weather like there? Are you hit by the current heat wave? I'm off to Belgrade in a week or so, anything I should know?

Originally posted by phoenix_night

Belgrade? Cool. What's the weather like there? Are you hit by the current heat wave? I'm off to Belgrade in a week or so, anything I should know?
Heh, you're here in a week, but I'm leavin' the city in thusday. Too bad 'couse we could go somewere to coffee or so. Well next time maybe.
Hm..don't know what you want to know about city, what is your expectation, is that your first visit, what is a occasion...???
Weather here is very hot from mid April to late September more or around 30 C. I don't liked, but there is some good thing about it: The girls here also feel the heat so they wearin' less clouts than in winter
;)

Some facts: 1.6 mil. pop., Capitol, not ugly but dirty, and poor :( , but ful of life even in hot summer days (or night):)

If you are interested in someting precise, feel free to ask me, 'till i'm here. (You may PM me also)

Regards:beer:

Originally posted by Alex the Great
I live in the town of Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Sorry 'bout the weather, Alex, but I've always Coeur d'Alene is one of the greatest names for a city I've ever heard. Rolls trippingly off the tongue.
I'm from a very small town near the small town of Hillsboro, NC. Hillsboro was General Nathaniel Greene's headquarters during much of Cornwallis' southern campaign in the American Revolution.

The wee town of Lanark. It happens to be in South Lanarkshire, and in Scotland!

Who would have thought :mischief:

<----

Originally posted by wildWolverine

That's punishment from the Big Guy for the cheap tricks Osbourne and Fulmer pulled to get you guys first place in the Coach's poll...

Osbourne: "This is my last year, and I'm a really good coach, so you should vote for my team..."

Fulmer: <insert racist remarks about Woodson winning the Heisman, followed by Fulmer voting Nebraska 1st, and Michigan THIRD> -- if he had voted UM 2nd, we would have had enough points to win the poll... :evil:

The BCS came just ONE year too late -- I still think that a game between the two teams in '97 would have been better than any of the other championship games (including last year's).

and I just realized that most of the posters on this thread are NOT from the United States, and will probably have no idea what this is about....
Maybe the sports forum will still be interesting this year after all, despite the absence of Flatlander Fox and Gr8ful Wes.

Too bad the BCS wasn't around back then. We still went undefeated just like you guys and on top of that we did it winning an extra game. There is also a difference when the #2 team waxes the #3 team 42-17 instead of the #1 team edging the #6 ranked team 21-16. :p

BTW, I don't think the drought was punishment, the 7-7 season was punishment enough. :(

one of the greatest names for a city I've ever heard. Rolls trippingly off the tongue.
Well it does mean heart of an awl(a certain tool) meant to describe the evil french traders who took the land from the Indians here, so that must be why they made it French, to cover the town's meaning up.;)

I hail from the nifty little city of Sioux Falls, South Dakota.

Before that, I was born in Blair, Nebraska, which is 20 miles north of Omaha. Quaint in my youth, but once you look back it's pretty much a trailer park. :p I like Neihardt Park, though.

But oh, the humidity...every summer you felt like the lifeforce was sucked out of you. Is it still that way despite the dryness, Chris85?

And here I was thinking that I was finally adapting to the humidity in the midwest. . .but I guess not. It has been a pretty dry summer all around, hasn't it?

I was born in Suffern, New York state, though lived a good deal in North Carolina, Ft.Myers Florida then Tampa, and now Ormond Beach- which is right above Daytona beach, In fact I could wlak there in about 15-20 mins, mabey 10 if I walk on the beach (all the tourists are leaving town now, thank the gods....)

I live in Gulf Shores, Alabama at the moment. I'm only a mile from the beach, and the breeze off the gulf normally keeps the temperature down, but in wooded areas the humidity mixed with the heat will kill j/k, but it is really unpleasant during the summer without that breeze.

Hm..don't know what you want to know about city, what is your expectation, is that your first visit, what is a occasion...???

Actually, the main reason I'm there is for the football, but I'll be there for about a week.

Weather here is very hot from mid April to late September more or around 30 C. I don't liked, but there is some good thing about it: The girls here also feel the heat so they wearin' less clouts than in winter
;)

A fair compromise.

:D

Some facts: 1.6 mil. pop., Capitol, not ugly but dirty, and poor :( , but ful of life even in hot summer days (or night):)

If you are interested in someting precise, feel free to ask me, 'till i'm here. (You may PM me also)

Regards:beer:

Thanks, and should I feel the need I will PM you.

:goodjob:

After being in the U.S. Navy for 20 years and literally going around the world, I've settled down at the place where I retired from the Navy, in Groton, Connecticut.

Mummy and Daddy still live in the town I was born in, Oshkosh, Wisconsin.

Originally born in Southport, Lancashire (well, it was when I was born), England. Now resident as my details in Bedfordshire.

BTW: My father runs a pub called the Queen's Head in Tebworth, Beds, located between junction 12 of the M1 motorway and the A5 near Dunstable. If any of you dubious characters are ever passing that way and can find it (not easy!), please drop in and ask my old man to give Mark a call!
:beer:

Born in San Francisco, CA, and living in the famous (or infamous if you think of John Walker Lindh) Marin County, right across the Golden Gate Bridge from SF.

Originally posted by sims2789
I live in the USA in the state of California(on the Pacific coast). I live on an island called Alameda in the San Francisco Bay. I usually say San Francisco because most people don't know where Alameda is.

I know where Alameda is, been there a few times. ;)

Originally posted by Steve Winer

Regarding title thread: 3 houses down from you, chain n' sickle.;)

Hey, Steve, long time no read :cool:

Born on the shores of Lake Erie in Ohio. Lived in Texas and Upstate New York. Reside in Music City USA [Nashville] I love everything about this city except the HOT summers.

I encourage everybody to post interesting facts about their county or city

Interesting Facts About Marin:
-Birthplace of mountain biking
-County of residence for George Lucas (Star Wars director) and Sean Penn
-Place where they do alot of the sound and special effects for movies (Skywalker Ranch). If you look at the end of some movie credits it will mention Marin County as the site where they did the sound.
-Birthplace and residency (until his late teens) of John Walker Lindh, the American Taliban
-2nd or 3rd wealthiest county in the nation (not sure which)

Population: 200,000
County Seat: San Rafael (about 5 min north of me)
Weather: Hot summers, EXTREMELY rainy winters

Top Bottom