Where has all the love gone?

You said it Curt. I'm surprised his brain can contain all that sociopathic hatred without bursting into flames. Does ANYONE here think this guy deserves a second shot or rehabilitation? If so, punch yourself in the nads right now before I'm forced to do it for you.

This has been disturbing Torontonians quite handily for a few years now.

The most heartwrenching part of it all was when Farah's mother came over from Pakistan to testify.

Originally posted by sysyphus
The most heartwrenching part of it all was when Farah's mother came over from Pakistan to testify.

Got any links or something for that testimony? I'm curious to hear what she said.

Originally posted by Lifeblood

Got any links or something for that testimony? I'm curious to hear what she said.

Unfortunately my search for her testimony has come up dry, though here's something related to her visit:

http://www.cbc.ca/stories/2000/02/13/canada/jabeen000213

Her testimony involved mainly describing how Khan first denied the child was his and that he called her a slut, basically dememaning her, then later muscling the little girl away from her and bringing her to the other side of the planet. It was very sad and amplifies the character of Khan as seen in the article you posted.

So did he only know of five swear words because he used like the same five over and over again?

It's so mind boggling that people like that can even exist. too bad they aren't allowed to torture him.

What a charming individual.

I wonder if he's free to babysit on friday?

Once agian I must remind you that it's not a good idea to descend to his cruelty, this man should be imprisoned for life or executed, but to advocate torture is simply not justifiable, why must you cause needless pain out of a pitiful attempt at justice, there is no justice for this, get him out of society, sure, but totrue, no!

Man...when Perfection isn't playing the "Perfect" game he actually makes some sense. :eek: ;)

Horribly broken, those two. I dug a little. Looks like both the father (?) and stepmother hated that girl all along. Muhammad's skipping without a rope, alternately monstrous and pathetic in orbit around his crime, which he can't fathom. Fatima is described by acquaintances as "antisocial" and observed hitting Farah, also Farah apparently in strictest obedience (terror) of her stepmom. Her defense now is to play the obedient wife (though character witnesses think she wore the pants in that family), and as for details of the murder, she says that before she knew what had happened, Muhammad dragged Farah's body into the bathroom, closed the door, and emerged "carrying garbage bags". As though she didn't know. Muhammad confided to a prison inmate that both he and his wife dismembered the girl - Fatima laughing convulsively.

They're irreparable. The woman's set in her evil, a hardened sociopath. The man will likely feel remorse someday, but he lacks the character to find real cogent remorse. We'll keep them out.

Poor Kid.
I'm stuffed it I know why people decide to attack innocent people that have no way of defending themselves.
He deserves the full wait of the law with no leniency for what he has done.

Originally posted by CurtSibling
This vile man has proven himself guilty with his own cursed mouth.
Immediate death should be dealt out to him...And his female accomplice...

Ah yes. And because I stole an icecream at age 12 I should have lived the rest of my life without one arm. You're being pretty old-testament there, Curt (and I say that knowing you'll object).

I'm not saying there's any excuse for what this man has done.

However:

1) Noone should be jugded by what they're saying in periods of distress, at least not by that alone. If the man has a good lawyer, the defense will argue that he's mentally instable due to the shock and traumatation resulting from his daughter's death. Furthermore that his statements are expressions of alienating and denial, common psychological reactions.

2) I've got no doubt the man is guilty, but he shouldn't imhso be judged harder because he's speaking explicitly about it. The crime is heinous enough by itself. I do see that the way he speaks can be taken as a sign that he's hardened and that he's not prone to showing remorse. W/r to that debate, his bragging about a crime is just one of many points that need to be taken into consideration.

3) Capital punishment is in the best of cases the most bloodthirsty of revenges. Revenge is the poorest excuse for a crime penalty system there is because revenge fuels hatred instead of stopping it.
Worst case scenario, Capital punishment is, in itself, murder 1. The day you can give people back their life when you realize you've done a mistake, that's the day when you can send people to their death.

I'd like to add that I can understand your anger and, indeed, grief that there are people in this world who are capable of such actions. I share those feelings. But someone needs to stop the vicious circle of violence at some point. If you don't believe that we should take an eye for an eye, CP is a good place to draw the line.

Top Bottom