Where is Hannibal getting his cash?

jdevo

Chieftain
I've had Hannibal as a Vassal for a while now, and out of nowhere he started giving me huge amounts of gold for resources. All of these trades happened in a period of about ten turns. About 5 of them were on one turn. :crazyeye:

Also, does anyone have any idea why I can't build the Heroic Epic? I'm building the Pentagon which requires a unit of level six, yet I can't build the HE...

The save is NOT patched to 2.08 since I'm playing on a mac.
I hope the uploads work

Attachments

• james AD-1812.CivWarlordsSave
    388.1 KB · Views: 37
  • Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    469.5 KB · Views: 130
First off, pentagon doesnt require a unit level. secondly, if you all ready have two national wonders in a city, you cant build the HE ther because you can only have two national wonders in one city

i play with vassal states off for now since they confuse the heck out of me. but i remember reading there was a bug that a vassal would pay you the usual 'highest going rate' for a resource, like other civs would ... and then adjust their science to make up for it. normal AI civs don't do that, they'll pay what they can afford for one, but that's their limit, they reserve the rest of their gold for research and don't adjust their sliders to make more gold available.

so with vassals, you could rinse and repeat and get that rate from them again for another resource, and so on and so forth. something like that anyway. my guess is that your non-patched version still has that 'milk vassals for cash' bug in it

Yup, a vassel makes all of their GPT available for trade. This was changed in 2.08 though.

Heroic epic needs a lvl 5 unit and a barracks in whatever city you want to build it in.

This change pisses me off now, seeing as they can cancel the resource tribute after 10 turns and then you have to wait longer to demand it again. Vassals are totally useless unless you're going for conquest victory and they have some backwater city somewhere...

Top Bottom