1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Where is the monastery data located?

Discussion in 'Mod Creation Help' started by Question, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Question

Question Chieftain

The CS Armagh lets builders build the monastery, which is a tile improvement that grants +2 faith and +15 hp healing to religious units.

The problem is i cannot find where this is defined ANYWHERE.

Its not in improvements.xml or the expansion improvements.xml. The colossal head, which is another CS improvement, is in improvements.xml, but the monastery is not.

Does anyone know where this is located?

VikingScenario_Improvements.xml has the Alcazar and Monastery, but their yields in the xml are very different from what the civlopedia says, so im not sure if they are the same ones.

2. isau

isau Warlord

I don't know which DLC adds Armagh, but the Monastery data can be accessed with this SQL query:

Code:
    select * from improvements
    left join improvement_yieldchanges as iYC on iYC.improvementtype = improvements.ImprovementType
    where improvements.ImprovementType like '%monas%'

3. Question

Question Chieftain

Oh, i found it in the VikingLandmarks_CityStates.xml file.

Not sure how that SQL query works. How do i change the yields using that?

4. rattatatouille

rattatatouille Chieftain

What yields are you looking to change in particular?

5. Question

Question Chieftain

I changed it to give 2 faith, 1 production and 1 science, but i dont know how to do it in the SQL method.

6. rattatatouille

rattatatouille Chieftain

Try this:

Code:
    INSERT INTO Improvement_YieldChanges (ImprovementType, YieldType, YieldChange) VALUES ('IMPROVEMENT_MONASTERY', 'YIELD_PRODUCTION', '1');

INSERT INTO Improvement_YieldChanges (ImprovementType, YieldType, YieldChange) VALUES ('IMPROVEMENT_MONASTERY', 'YIELD_SCIENCE', '1');
    Since Monasteries already should provide +2 Faith there's no need to insert that.

Question likes this.
  7. isau

isau Warlord

Good advice. Just chiming in to add that for added safety I would make this INSERT OR REPLACE INTO instead of just INSERT INTO. That way if it conflicts with another record (e.g. another mod) it won't crash back to the main menu.

Question and rattatatouille like this.