where is the Pedia for RoM? and the control menus?

skyandsun

Chieftain
Hi all...first time poster here!!!! :D although I have browsed now and then in erratic intervals....

I finally got sick of the canned version of Civ4 and came here looking for mods...and was treated to a fine assortment, one of which that has the most potential for what I was looking for was RoM. I downloaded and installed it...great, wonderful. But when I fire it up...

...there is no Pedia, no control menu on the right, no way to promote soldiers who win in combat, nothing!!! I tried ctrl-I (for interface), that didn't work, I tried the F12 for the Pedia...that didn't work. Various other things that do not involve menu DO work, like F10 for capital city and such. I am at a real loss here. I've read about 6-7 forum pages on here and don't see any hint of it. I feel completely moronic, but how can I make these things appear?? (is filled with woe, because it seems like SUCH a great mod!) :sad: :cry:

I am running Blue Marble (a neat plugin/mod), and don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. Can anyone help me please? Worlds are waiting to be dealt with (or devastated, depending on their attitude...;) Thank you in advance!

Most common problem that causes problem with interface is that the game isn't patched to version 3.13. Once updated it should work just fine.

Hi and thanks for the quick reply. :)

As shown by the attached screenshot, it is version 3.13. I should have also added, by the way, that this doesn't happen with any other mods -- Road to War, Rhys and Fall, Revolution -- all of them pull up a menu, F12 works for Civilopedia, etc etc etc. So...other thoughts? I wish it were as simple as updating...

Is there another file I need to download for Civilopedia content and/or menu activity? :sad: Thanks again for troubleshooting with me.

Attachments

• civvers.JPG
    civvers.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 145
Blue marble might be one problem, try running mod without it. Another possibility is that you got Complete Civilization? It has known to have some interface issues as well with the mod, reason was some missing registry keys that are in normal BtS version. This was discussed some months ago in RoM thread. That might help you... at least I hope so. :)

Blue marble might be one problem, try running mod without it. Another possibility is that you got Complete Civilization? It has known to have some interface issues as well with the mod, reason was some missing registry keys that are in normal BtS version. This was discussed some months ago in RoM thread. That might help you... at least I hope so. :)

Hi zappara, I wish it had helped. Deinstalling Blue Marble didn't fix anything. (I do not have Complete Civilization, just the out of the box Civ4 and Warlords and BtS). I will also add here that pressing the "Options" button doesn't do anything except make a 'water drop" sound and vanish off the esc-menu. The esc-menu os the only one I can pull up.

I am so bummed. :( I really really wanted to sink into this mod over the weekend...alas. No lemons and advanced units for me... :sad: (so far, anyways...)

Clearing out Civ 4's cache might help too, I think it was done by holding shift key down while the game loads. Since you had custom assets before, there might have been some mess up in the cache which still affects the game. Also make sure that RoM is extracted to correct folder. If those don't help, then one thing to do is to try re-installing Civ+expansions and update game again to 3.13 and then install the mod.. with clean install there shouldn't be problems.

Clearing out Civ 4's cache might help too, I think it was done by holding shift key down while the game loads. Since you had custom assets before, there might have been some mess up in the cache which still affects the game. Also make sure that RoM is extracted to correct folder. If those don't help, then one thing to do is to try re-installing Civ+expansions and update game again to 3.13 and then install the mod.. with clean install there shouldn't be problems.

Well I am shocked beyond belief, but reinstalling everything did the trick. I was hesitant to do it because I had downloaded quite a few other mods and it was going to take a significant amount of time...but I destroyed everything this morning and re-did it all...downloaded it...and lo and behold, I am shocked, it worked. There must have been somethign corrupted in my previous installation. Thanks for the troubleshooting! ^_^ Can't wait to see how things affect my new lands...^_^

Top Bottom