1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Where is Victoria?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Bast, Sep 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bast

Bast Protector of Cats

The captain that defended the land back home or the captain that created lands around the world so that the "sun never sets". :rolleyes:

2. Im Naked

Im Naked Chieftain

Victoria is located in South Eastern Australia. It's capital city is Melbourne.

You're welcome :)

3. TM Moot

TM Moot King

We'll have to agree to disagree here, whilst i am fully aware that England, Wales, France, Scotland, Ireland, Scandanvia were all geographically/politcially/legalisitively/financely linked in many intricate ways since 1066 (and before), I still personally think its more of a Kingdom then an Empire until, say the Union, 1707 i believe.

4. Tee Kay

Tee Kay Silly furry

Because she's a crap non-ruler who didn't actually do anything.

Fin.

5. krunsh

krunsh Prince

The trait is for the civilization, not the ruler. Like somebody said before... Look at the french traits among others. They try to cover different period of the Civ history with a mix of Unique unit/building and trait and leader to represent them.

I just don't get it.... How come so many people start whole tread on such topic (Like the one about hitler/japan) based only on the fact the the manual used this word instead of that word.

Like Firaxis was trying to put some subliminal messages in the manual about Victoria not being a great ruler or hitler not being one of the most significant figure of german history.

6. bhavv

bhavv Glorious World Dictator

Actually, the 'first British Empire' came into being under Elizabeth I, at least according to wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Empire

However, since Britain wasnt unified during Elizabeth's reign, 'English Empire' would have been a more accurate term.

7. Junuxx

Junuxx Emperor

Where is Alfred the Great, eh?

8. Grey2ham

Grey2ham Chieftain

I cant think of any major naval victories that the Royal Navy won to claim mastery of the atlantic and north western european waters during the reign of Elizabeth I. Definately not against an armada of Spanish ships and allowing Elizabeth to gain a foothold in the race for colonies. In no way was there any rebuilding of the Royal Navy under her father Henry VIII that led to Elizabeth I commanding the largest European fleet during her reign (after definately not sinking all those spanish ships). Nope she didn't have much to do with the Naval supremecy of the British Isles.
    Although the Sun Never Sets is a reference to Victoria's reign the foundations were laid by the Tudors. Therefore, it is not wholly innapropriate for a game where you have one undying leader for ~6000 years.

EDIT: ZOMBIE LEADERHEADS FTW.

9. Scaramanga

Scaramanga Brickhead

Or "Ancien Regime" with Napoleon as leader? The special abilities are not attached to the leader, stop thinking in Civ 4 terms.

10. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

Moderator Action: I guess i see enough tr
    Moderator Action: I guess i see enough trolling here -> closed. olling here -> closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.