1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Where Shall we Build Our Next City?

Discussion in 'Team Kazakhstan' started by Sommerswerd, Mar 13, 2009.

?

Where Shall We Build Our Next City?

Poll closed Mar 16, 2009.
  1. Location 1 - Near Gold and Corn

66.7%
  2. Location 2 - Near Iron and Fish

33.3%
  1. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

ONCE YOU HAVE CAST YOUR VOTE, DO NOT POST ON THE POLL THREAD TO SAY YOU ARE CHANGING VOTES. VOTE CHANGING IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. ALL VOTES ARE FINAL.

Also, please try to limit your posts on this poll to ONE POST. Additional comments arguments, etc., should go in: 5th City Number 5!!! :goodjob:

Explanation of Possible Locations

Location 1 will provide Gold and Corn.
    Location 2 will provide Iron and Fish.

Dotmap Attached

Attached Files:

2. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

You should say what city number it is, just in case someone bumps and older poll.

3. Kaleb

Kaleb Deity

Hmm, I think it's just a little early for this. We don't have to decide for another 4 turns at least...

Sommers, when did you get iron hooked up in your tests? I got iron hooked up on turn 88 with building corn-gold city first. I also can make it probable that Judaism will found in Pavlodar.

If we are going for iron city first, it should be on the hill next to the iron, as that gets the iron fastest, which is after the whole point of building that city first...

4. Herviov

Herviov Chieftain

I'm sorry but I disagree on that one. The reason to build it faster is to compensate for the time it will take to include the Iron in the city radius. If we intend to make it the place with the Moai statues, we need to include the largest amount of water tiles possible (and we must avoid forest/hill less tundra tile within city radius in general). At least, this is my interprestation.

5. Kaleb

Kaleb Deity

We only lose one coastal water tile by building on the hill but we also gain the fur in the BFC. We aren't going to settler further west for a while as we need to settle further up the valley.

Sommers suggested this a while back and on reflection I agree with settling on the hill.

6. Indiansmoke

Indiansmoke Deity

we lose 3 tiles not 1 + the dead pundra tile

7. Kaleb

Kaleb Deity

I've replied in the City 6 thread.