Where to change Inquisitors/ArmyCap/DealEvaluation/Etc

Banipale

Chieftain
I've been tailoring the mod's parameters to my liking but there is some crucial stuff I can't find, namely:
- Where to revert the inquisitors to how they were before (=full protection from missionaries)
- Reduce the army cap from advancing in tech. Right now I can muster 50+ units while in Renaissance, I find the wars simply insufferable as is.
- How the AI value offers such as defensive pacts, proxy wars, etc. I imagine you know what I mean

Most of the other points I already changed (short of the Borobudur bug... look how they massacred my boy).

Thanks in advance

- How the AI value offers such as defensive pacts, proxy wars, etc. I imagine you know what I mean

This can only be modified by recompiling the GameCoreDLL. Values are in the CvDealAI.cpp file.

- Reduce the army cap from advancing in tech. Right now I can muster 50+ units while in Renaissance, I find the wars simply insufferable as is.

You can reduce the base values for unit supply (ProductionFreeUnits/ProductionFreeUnitsPerCity/ProductionFreeUnitsPopulationPercent) in DifficultyMod.xml.

To modify the tech reduction, you'd need to change the code in the DLL as well.

I'm not sure re: inquisitors.

Ok that's what I suspected, I'll look into it. Thanks a lot.

It would be great to have such contentious values in the open, it'd make tweaking a whole lot faster.

Ok that's what I suspected, I'll look into it. Thanks a lot.

It would be great to have such contentious values in the open, it'd make tweaking a whole lot faster.

It'd be too complicated; every time an element of the deal calculation is changed we'd be having to add or remove new database values. And it wouldn't allow people to modify the calculation in new ways.

I'll admit I haven't really looked into it, but I had more of a modifier in mind, both for the tech army cap and the approach of AI toward Defensive and Proxy Wars.
It shouldn't be an issue for the army cap, for the defensive/war modifier I once again haven't looked into how it's done at all so I'll simply trust your word.

I'll admit I haven't really looked into it, but I had more of a modifier in mind, both for the tech army cap and the approach of AI toward Defensive and Proxy Wars.
It shouldn't be an issue for the army cap, for the defensive/war modifier I once again haven't looked into how it's done at all so I'll simply trust your word.

CvDealAI.cpp has most of the code for 3rd party war.

CvDiplomacyAI.cpp has most of the Defensive Pact code, although this logic is currently being revised by me in its entirety.

All ProductionFreeUnits modifiers are under "player bonuses". Does that mean I can reduce unit supply only for myself or does it affect the AI as well ?

All ProductionFreeUnits modifiers are under "player bonuses". Does that mean I can reduce unit supply only for myself or does it affect the AI as well ?

If you want to reduce the AI's supply, change the values under HANDICAP_AI_DEFAULT.

Top Bottom