1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Where to get Civ2: Test of Time in 2018

Discussion in 'Civ2 - General Discussions' started by Anunikoba, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Anunikoba

Anunikoba Warlord

Greetings aging Civers.

Just wondering if any of you know where I can get Civilization 2: ToT these days. I checked GoG.com and Steam and did not see them for sale there. I'm wondering if there is another site offering the game for download.

Thanks!

2. catalin72

catalin72 Prince

Hi,verify your conversations page.

3. Anunikoba

Anunikoba Warlord

Thanks catalin!

4. dogsbody

dogsbody Chieftain

Second ^^ this thread! I’ve been looking for a ToT version for ages!

5. TiitTiitus

TiitTiitus Chieftain

Hello!

Sorry to bump an old thread but I have the same question as the original poster. I would really appreciate it if anybody can help!

6. Gary Childress

Gary Childress Student for and of life

Is it possible to purchase Civ II and/or Civ II Test of Time? If so, where? And will it work on Windows 10?

Many thanks!

7. JPetroski

JPetroski Emperor

There are several.copies of test of time on ebay from a few dollars to around 30. Did you once own the game? You might find someone willing to send you the files as well (theres no customer support/ CD key to go get your old copy back after all).

It does work on windows 10, yes.

8. techumseh

techumseh Emperor

9. Playsoneasy

Playsoneasy Chieftain

Wish this game would come out on GoG. Surely something can be arranged to allow people to legit purchase the game.

10. Konig15

Konig15 Warlord

That's not nearly enough information for someone who's been away from anything technical for years. What is an ISO (it's a CD substitute, what the hell do I open with it?) Why are all of those four links such different sizes? Which one do I install to upgrade to TOTPP? Do I need the patch provided at the site or do I not? What is a 64....thing, how do I install it, why do I need it? And what's the upgrade instructions from whichever version of TOT from that site to getting ToTPP up and running/

11. JPetroski

JPetroski Emperor

Didn't I send you five different PMs to help you with this issue? Send me a PM if you don't know what to do with them. Thanks!

12. Konig15

Konig15 Warlord

Forgive me, I've had sleep issues all year. I actually checked my PMs directly after this and extracted everything. Haven't tried it out yet other than going for a turn but it WORKS! Thank you so much,. it loads ToTPP scenarios no problem it's wonderful! I'm gonna try that fortress Europe scenario a little before bed. Thank you thank you thank you!