Where to go from here?

nickytootricky

Warlord
I've had a lot of fun playing civ (well, the DCLs) lately, it has helped me get through some pretty tough challenges in my life and I have enjoyed the interaction with you guys.

I've played Civ for a few years now and I've found it super fun and relaxing. But I'm not sure where to go from here. Basically I can win virtually every time now, no matter how bad the start is and no matter who is next to me, without reloads, but it might be an easy victory like science and diplo. I have won domination before but just don't have the time or patience to do it regularly. CV is a challenge and I can pretty much always scrape it.

Will I then go for turn times? CV turn times? MP? Or just go and watch Blyth Spartans on Saturday afternoons now?

I considered doing some LPing but I'd be so much worse than the Mr. Acken et al that I'd just get crucified. Oh, and I'm not interested in avoiding exploits like worker steals. The whole of Civ 5 is an exploit really, so morality can really be thrown out the window.

Suggestions welcome.

Moderator Action: Moved to General Discussions

I've had a lot of fun playing civ (well, the DCLs) lately, it has helped me get through some pretty tough challenges in my life and I have enjoyed the interaction with you guys.

I've played Civ for a few years now and I've found it super fun and relaxing. But I'm not sure where to go from here. Basically I can win virtually every time now, no matter how bad the start is and no matter who is next to me, without reloads, but it might be an easy victory like science and diplo. I have won domination before but just don't have the time or patience to do it regularly. CV is a challenge and I can pretty much always scrape it.

Will I then go for turn times? CV turn times? MP? Or just go and watch Blyth Spartans on Saturday afternoons now?

I considered doing some LPing but I'd be so much worse than the Mr. Acken et al that I'd just get crucified. Oh, and I'm not interested in avoiding exploits like worker steals. The whole of Civ 5 is an exploit really, so morality can really be thrown out the window.

Suggestions welcome.

Can you win on deity difficulty too? Why not try to clear the huge map on deity difficulty? That would be a real challenge to me, but who knows if it would be a challenge to you ?

Basically I can win virtually every time now, no matter how bad the start is and no matter who is next to me, without reloads,

Will I then go for turn times?

Suggestions welcome.

I was in the same point some time ago and yes, if you want to still play this game is the only way.

I had three approaches to civ:

First one - just after release (about 3-4 months; third game was on deity and since then I could beat it almost constantly and lost interest)

Second after G&K - this time I played without any exploits (no workers steal, trade only item for item with AI (eg lux for lux, embassy for embassy) etc, but also get bored because lack of challenge

Third - after BNW this time I started to play competitive ( first GOTM, HOF, and then my personal challenges) and that was it - I play till today :)

Really I think if someone is going to play longer competitive play is the way to go ;) ( there is also MP question, but I try to play mostly at work with game playing in background so it's not for me)

I try to play mostly at work with game playing in background so it's not for me)

Lol! If only my PhD could be written with Civ in the background!

Thanks for the tips man,

MP could be an option I guess, but there seems to be so much teaming involved that it's not really the best players who are going to win...

It appears it's taken me 3 years or so to get to where you were after about 3-4 games!

Really I think if someone is going to play longer competitive play is the way to go

I agree. But can you remember when I wasn't winning consistently and you were a bit critical of my strategy/ turn time. At that point it was just about trying to win, and winning was a real triumph. Now I guess you're right. Maybe the next step will be a sub 200 victory or something.

You should do some Lps man, even if there's no commentary.

Can you win on deity difficulty too? Why not try to clear the huge map on deity difficulty? That would be a real challenge to me, but who knows if it would be a challenge to you ?

That would absolutely be a challenge but I don't know whether I could stomach it. So many leaders popping up and asking for open borders. Every....damn...turn....

And obviously yes I'm talking about deity difficulty.

That would absolutely be a challenge but I don't know whether I could stomach it. So many leaders popping up and asking for open borders. Every....damn...turn....

And obviously yes I'm talking about deity difficulty.

You don't always have to accept OB from AIs you know.

It appears it's taken me 3 years or so to get to where you were after about 3-4 games!

Well, to be honest I played Civ IV quite a lot before, so I knew similar game mechanics quite well (didn't start from zero)

Top Bottom