1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Where to put New PDX?

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game II: Polls' started by Stuck_as_a_Mac, Feb 22, 2003.

?

Where do we put New PDX?

Poll closed Feb 24, 2003.
  1. Spot 1

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Spot 2

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Spot 3

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Spot 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Abstain or Don't Move

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Stuck_as_a_Mac Aptenodytes forsteri

Spot 1

Spot 2

Spot 3

Spot 4

Here are the possible locations for the relocation. Please vote on which one you would like to see New PDX moved to.

Related Discussion

This poll will be open for 48 hours.

2. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Stuck_as_a_Mac Aptenodytes forsteri

A note: Abstain could be interpreted as "Dont Move It"

3. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

Well, ... there's no "Keep it where it is" option...

4. FortyJ

FortyJ Deity

I hate to be picky, but generally speaking, a citizen that votes Abstain is essentially waiving his or her right to vote and accepting whatever the majority decides. This is not the same as declaring that none of the options are acceptable.

In short, by combining the 'None of the Above' option with the 'Abstain' option, you have essentially combined two incongruous options into one. In fact, by stating that 'Abstain' is to be considered the same as 'Do not move', you have essentially excluded the 'Abstain' option from this poll.

While I am no fan of duplication of effort, I think the only proper course of action is to close this poll and initiate another (including all four viable locations, a Do not move option, and an Abstain option) as quickly as possible. Also, please consider using a smaller graphic with links to the more detailed images for each site to reduce loading time for people with slower connections.

5. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

Of the choices above, #2 is the best option for a new city, and that was the spot I rallied for when New PDX was being created. But I really can't see wasting a size 5 city with so much work put into it now. Let's just leave it where it is and deal with it. I voted ABSTAIN/DON'T MOVE IT.