1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Where to settle next?

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game VI: Citizens' started by CivGeneral, Apr 16, 2005.

1. CivGeneral

CivGeneral Valkyrie Cybernetic Grand General

I have not noticed a discussion being posted in regards to filling in the void where we razed an Indian city. I beleve we should settle in that location ASAP before the Indians reclame that location.

Please discuss uppon this issue.
    Thanks,
    CivGeneral

2. RegentMan

RegentMan Chieftain

What city should be used to produce the settler?

3. snipelfritz

snipelfritz Crazy about the Demogame

Here's the situation. Our war with India has opened a lot of land to settle namely around an old city site. Below is a (big ol')map. Where would you like to settle?

4. RegentMan

RegentMan Chieftain

This would be my layout plan:

Attached Files:

5. greekguy

greekguy Missed the Boat

RegentMan's plan looks good to me. it fills in all the spots and gets us another supply of silks.

6. Ashburnham

Ashburnham Chieftain

I'm inclinded to agree with Regentman as well. But, remember that we will most likely be going to war with the Dutch in the near future. The resulting border shifts could disrupt the current settler plans. Just something to keep in mind.

7. snipelfritz

I like Regentmans plans.

Which site would we want to settle first? I propose the center one, because it blocks the Indians from the south eastern site.

Ash, we need to settle quickly, before the Dutch or Indians can. These are the best spots we have now. If something changes, we will stop and reasess the situation.

8. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

I'd be inclined to wait to settle that area for now. If we did plant cities in that area, we'd have to turn around soon and worry about defending them from the Dutch.

9. snipelfritz

Update
    Donsignia has a settler in queue. What do we plan to do with it? Do we settle, or save it for later?

10. Furiey

Furiey No Longer Just Lurking

Not only do we have a settler in the queue, but there is one built and it's currently East of Bentley heading West....

The Dutch have also built a city on the Silks.

11. snipelfritz

I propose we settle either on the horses or one tile SE of the horses. Myself, being more inclined towards the former.

12. Ashburnham

Ashburnham Chieftain

I would prefer settling SE of the Horses. It's the same spot that was proposed at the beginning of this thread, and all the reasons for it still apply. However, this most recent development (Breda) suggests that expansion plans will have to be curtailed for the moment, until we can successfully push back the Dutch.

13. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

i agree with the idea of the 3 citys in indian land.

14. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Stuck_as_a_Mac Aptenodytes forsteri

3 cities in India is fine by me... provided they have CULTURE

15. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

I support going ahead to settle on the spot SE of the horses.

There is another settler either already produced or next in queue, let's decide on another place while we're at it.

16. RegentMan

RegentMan Chieftain

I'd go for one tile southeast of the horses too.

17. Furiey

Furiey No Longer Just Lurking

One possiblility for the Settler about to be built is near the iron. The original site (iron wheat) is now within the Dutch Culture (I think). However, settling W of the iron, although not on the river, would claim the iron, and 1 wheat from Rotterdam. But more importantly, now that Rotterdam has expanded, would mean our troops would only have to cross 1 tile of enemy territory ie: move in one turn and attack the next. We would have to do some roading to connect the new city and then protect it, but it could then be used as a staging post for the Rotterdam attack.

18. zyxy

zyxy Warmongering Fool

I like the three spots proposed by RegentMan, the southernmost of which is still available. The second settler could go to the IronWheat area -- NW of the iron looks good -- after we declare on the dutch (then we can settle inside their borders).

19. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

Yes, we may want to adjust their spacing a bit to get our seemingly preferred 13 tiles per city. I don't know if we would want to use two defenders on a brand new city inside the battle zone.

20. RegentMan

RegentMan Chieftain

Should we raze all Dutch cities and build settlers to fit our own city-placement style?