Where to view war weariness?

Damirith

Prince
Hello,

I know that war weariness has an impact on the number of amenities you have, as I see my cities are loosing some amenities as war goes on, however I can't seem to spot anywhere in the game where I can clearly see the actual value of war weariness that I am at.

Am I blind or does the game not have a clear display the value of your war weariness? Is there a mod that can display it?

Check the UI that allows you to see the Amenities you have in a City, and there, you'll be able to see, Amenities lost from War Weariness. I think that's what it is called, though I could be wrong.

Okay, I do see Amenities from War Weariness in the city UI. However, there isn't some generic value that you can view to know what your war wariness is? Like if you have been in war for over 30 turns do you get some points towards it? At what thresholds do you start to lose amenities?

I see that there are policy cards to help reduce the rate of which war weariness increases, but I don't see anything that shows what I am currently at. It would be nice to be able to keep a watch on this value as war goes on to help predict how much longer you can go before you would need to grab new amenities.

The third tab of the Reports screen “City Status” has a column titled “War Weariness”, where you can see the negative amenities assigned to your cities in one place and at a glance. The total number you’ll have to add manually though. However, the same table also shows you the happiness status of your cities, so if you take a look at this table every now and then during the war, you’ll have an idea how the things are going.
As for actual number of war weariness points and its evolution - no, the UI shows you nothing of that.

WW is wierd anyway. There is a WW log that has the totals in it so it could be easily put in the UI but it degrades fairly quickly and can be degraded super quick if need be but in reality makes little impact unless you are very large cities that ware warring. keep em small and life is good.
WW link below for investigations into the mechanic that should explain bits

1. Check amenities
2. Check your overall productivities (food and production yields, among other things) whether did it drop unusually. IF you began a war with at least +10 Gold per turn, war weariness can reduce gold generations by half or even incurs negative gold per turn as well.

Top Bottom