Where would you settle?

Vermillion

Chieftain
Well? I got my idea but it was a tough choice.

Spoiler :

Moderator Action: Spoiler tag wrapped around wide image

the desert tile next to algae, river/floodplains/tubers, river/floodplains/floatstone, desert, and 2 coast tile. Has an extra river/floodplain/tuber in its range, resilin, easy access to petroleum, no miasma obstructing trade routes, and is situated on the coast. get a vivarium, those river/desert/hills with a mine are really nice production tiles.

I'd say the two hills on the side of the river are probably the 2 good choices here. Settling on Flood Plains removes the Flood plains, leaving you will a really horrible base tile. Hill is not much better, but it's at least +1 Production, that will help the city to get infrastructure up a bit faster.

I personally would probably prefer the southern hill, because it has the basalt that will come in handy once the city is out of initial growth phase - and of course, it's just closer to the existing city and still gets a ton of resources, while the place in the north really only gets you the silica in the desert and the float stone, but that tile has a low amount of floatstone anyway and float stone as a tile is rather useless.

I think there's also a good case to be made for the northern hill, because it can support a bigger population by adding in the water tiles. But then again, that city won't grow to 22+ for the additional trade route on either of these spots and raw population is not worth that much in BE, so I'd still go for the southern hill for a fast-growing, compact city.

I'd go for the hill tile next to the river and the canyons. Great starting condition and tjhe culture borders can grow into all the important ressource tiles around it over time.

I'd probably settle on the hill by the coast. Getting both tiles with floatstone, good amount of floodplains, tubers, etc. Plus, depending on your map, it's nice to have a coastal city to make some ships later on to either attack or defend against the AI if they're by the water too.

I'd also settle another city somewhere to the left to grab those 2 petroleum spots too.

2 food 2 energy tile next to canyon. Get all the floatstone, resilin, can build unique wonders, ect.

Top Bottom